Air Awning

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys,

We recently purchased a Vango air beam awning as the old style took too long to put up and caused too many arguments haha
We love it!! on first attempt it took 25 mins from start to finish! And no divorce! :lol:
Yet I know a few people who have had them and swapped back to the original style?
Am I missing something?! Haha

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
There are a couple of posts/threads of dislike on here. Two main themes: one is weight of the beast when dragging it through the awning rail; the other is strength in windy weather.

Lots of others, including me, rather like them.
The world would be poorer place if we were all the same.
Mel

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I suppose so it would
We had bad weather when we used it. Strong wind and heavy rain and it hardly moved.

I just got fed up of poles falling on my head and a crabby Hubby whilst putting the traditional one up!

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Im one of those that went back to a proper awning. Just didnt like the thing, pig to drag through the rail, full of condensation and just generally disliked it. I can undertsnad the reasoning for buying one, for me it just wasnt good enough. Also found it took just as lonk to put up as doing the full awning, just a few more pegs.

One thing i did notice is that uneven ground can distort them far more than a traditional awning.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Ive recently bought a Kampa fiesta pro 260, not going to have an opinion on it's suitability until it gets its first outing on 4th June, I've seen plenty being erected and sat in several for an evening and I've been quite impressed with what I've seen which is why I made the switch, I did think of trying it out on the drive but decided to just wait till the 4th so till then I've not so much as opened the box, let you know my views when it's been tried.

BP

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I love both ours. So easy to put up. As for the strength in bad weather, they are supposed to flex in the wind, it is part of the design and let’s face it, the poles aren’t going to snap.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
We also have a Vango and used it for the first time two weeks ago it was very windy but never gave us concerns that we have had with old style awnings.
It is fairly heavy to pull through but this is mainly as van manufacturers no longer put inlets in the awning rail high up so you pull all the weight right from the bottom.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
ThePlotter said:
It is fairly heavy to pull through but this is mainly as van manufacturers no longer put inlets in the awning rail high up so you pull all the weight right from the bottom.

Your local caravan dealer probably has the tool to make new openings, ours did. It's a 5 second job and they normally do it free when the van is in for a service, you just tell them where you want it.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
My nearest dealer ( on the site of the old Avondale Factory ) has one and will do it but doesn't know how much they will charge ,but to do it I have to remove cover take it there for as you say five minute job,so will have to wait for first service when I take it back to the supplying dealer.
Never the less I fail to understand why manufacturers no long do it as standard, maybe an EU directive ) B)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Steady now Plotter, we could get into discussions as to wether, "Them Foreigners" ( Not The Legion) should have a door fitted to the left hand side of the caravan, when visiting, or should we have "Stay to the left" in CC site roads.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts