Air awnings

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Due to the close proximity of our front side window to the door it isn't possible to fit a porch awning between the two. We have a full awning which is far too large for us and are considering an air awning which will have to cross the side window. We thought of placing some sheepskin type material between the air pole and and the window to prevent rubbing or damage to the window.
Has anyone any comments for or against through experience of having an air awning which crosses a window,- or any tips.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Pinto. There will be a lot of help here regarding your awning but first and foremost can we ask what caravan you have which awning are you looking at as the air awnings as other do come in different sizes..
Sir Roger

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Crossing a window is a recurrant theme here and its alwzys a grey area. When we did ours i put a film of clear plastic protector on the said window and had no problems. A quick wipe iver with sticky stuff remover afterwards cleaned up nicely.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Crossing a window is a recurrant theme here and its always a grey area. When we did ours i put a film of clear plastic protector on the said window and had no problems. A quick wipe over with sticky stuff remover afterwards cleaned up nicely.

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
We have a Coachman VIP 575/4 (2015 model) and are looking at a Vango Kalari 380. We use an awning more for storage and a couple of chairs, not for eating in or for living in as such.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have had a conventional porch awning across the window without damage but we did have the cotton material against it. Not sure if the more rigid tubes on an air awning will damage it. There are large numbers of theses awnings available now though and I would check what length you need to pass the window and then see if there are any that size or larger that still fit. If you do end up with the tube across the window I would make sure there is something soft between them.

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Our awning track turns down at the end of the front window so we couldn't include the window in the porch awning and there isn't room for the down pole between the window and and the front of the van. The air pole would have to cross it. At the moment because of this we have a full awning with poles, but it is far too large for our needs and as we are in our sixties putting it up is getting harder.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts