Air awnings.

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
Hi Woodsie
We have the same pump to deflate, but it does not seem to work, we push all the air out of tubes manualy, roll it up and Voila, air left in tubes.
The awning seems twice as big as when we started, would an electric pump, with deflate option be more succesfull?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry can;t comment on the electric pump as not used one,we have 2 air awnings Vango 150 which only has 2 legs and Gateway 390 with 4 legs, they both have detachable air roof bars which are easy to deflate, and roll to get all the air out of them, not sure of the Montelino set up, how many valves do you have?

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
Two main structures left to right, in a horse shoe configuration.
I upright at the front, and three supporting detachable supports.
The 3 supporting are easy, the others are a nightmare to deflate.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can only think it is something to do with the horseshoe shape, it may be worth contacting Vango for advice,both of ours have valves in each leg about 2 feet from ground level, also wonder whether you have opened the valves fully, on our Vango the valves have a turn button that needs to be in the right position to let the air out fully.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
woodsieboy said:
I can only think it is something to do with the horseshoe shape, it may be worth contacting Vango for advice,both of ours have valves in each leg about 2 feet from ground level, also wonder whether you have opened the valves fully, on our Vango the valves have a turn button that needs to be in the right position to let the air out fully.

We had a similar problem on our Vango and discovered that we hadn’t left the valve fully open and it must have slipped back to the closed position.
Mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
GrizzlyBathplug said:
Hi Woodsie
We have the same pump to deflate, but it does not seem to work, we push all the air out of tubes manualy, roll it up and Voila, air left in tubes.
The awning seems twice as big as when we started, would an electric pump, with deflate option be more succesfull?

On our Sunncamp air awning the inflation valve is a little screw in one and it has a rubber flap on the inside, so of you try and suck the air out it will not work as the rubber flap seals it off. So I just remove the complete valve unit and fold the awning up. Then Sit, lay or jump on it until its back into the bag.

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Kevin, what do you mean Carbon X poles. Carbon fiber? When it rains does water trap anywhere on the roof? Does it have storm strap connections on each front side? Grey I used my kampa Air 260 awning exactly once and will now sell it.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Grey13 said:
Kevin, what do you mean Carbon X poles. Carbon fiber? When it rains does water trap anywhere on the roof? Does it have storm strap connections on each front side? Grey I used my kampa Air 260 awning exactly once and will now sell it.
Here you are Grey. This explains it all.
https://www.isabella.net/uk/about-isabella/press/archive/stronger-and-lighter-poles-from-isabella

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Grey13 said:
Here you are Grey. This explains it all.
u://www.isabella.net/uk/about-isabella/press/archive/stronger-and-lighter-poles-from-isabella

We ended up with a light weight Westfalia inflatable porch awning and full sized Isabella awning with carbonX poles (that's a a long story). The Westfalia will be sold this Autumn used twice. The large awning is so much easier to erect, We've split the canvas into two bags, panels and curtains in one and the main section in another, so much easier to lift and thread into the rail. It has storm strap connectors, no water pooling, once we'd got the set up right.

Now thinking of an Isabella porch awning using the same poles for overnighters.

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
I
Grey13 said:

Sorry about the late reply Grey, been away for 9 nights.
Poles are as per link posted, we had quite heavy rain over a couple of nights, no pooling on the roof whatsoever.
Our awning doesn’t have any fixings for a storm strap, we have the type that goes over the roof.

Regards

Kev

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts