Air Frier usage on site, will this trip fuses?

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
There is a cracking deal on at Asda just now for a Gino D’Acampo 5L Digital Air Fryer for £35 reduced from £65.

We purchased this while in Dunbar, and still haven‘t opened it, as I was going to ask on here first for advise

The Air Fryer is 1500w and not sure what wattage would trip the fuses, are we maxing out and should just return it?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Which fuses are you concerned about. Do you mean trip the EHU? At 1500 watts it takes about 6.5 amps under steady heating. A 240 v three pin socket should be fine.

For the EHU it would depend what else you would have operating and what the EHU limit is.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We use a 1500 w. Kettle in the van, just make sure that the wife isn't using a hair drier. You get used to juggling the different items about. Maybe not using the electric cooker ring at the same time.
Some folk have electric BBQ's. At 2500 w. So that's 10 amp roughly.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
cheers, ok will keep the fried, and tell the other half

Although I think she’d be a Wonder Woman using the frier and hairdryer at the same time ;) :ROFLMAO:
Well, it's not mandatory I hope that she has to do the cooking task, surely there will be at least one other in the van ?;)

Plus, unlike a BBQ, which is a "blue job" an air fryer does not need the same level of uninterrupted attention, whilst holding ones preferred glass full.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have used our Ninja Max which is about 2200w in the caravan no issue and the heating was on at the time set to 2kw. However our caravan is fitted with a load monitor and was set to 16amp. The heating is shut down if you exceed the limit.

We now have a Tower air fryer from Tesco and the wattage is a lot lower perhaps about 1400w (5.8amp) so hopefully there will be no issues even if not using the load monitor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saxo Appeal
May 15, 2023
Visit site
There is a cracking deal on at Asda just now for a Gino D’Acampo 5L Digital Air Fryer for £35 reduced from £65.
Off topic- We see more and more products that have the adjective Digital in the branding as if its some sort of endorsement, Dyson talk about their Digital motors, that I can only assume means it has some form of electronic control?
I wonder when caravan manufactures will find a marketing opportunity to introduce a digital feature:rolleyes:

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Off topic- We see more and more products that have the adjective Digital in the branding as if its some sort of endorsement, Dyson talk about their Digital motors, that I can only assume means it has some form of electronic control?
I wonder when caravan manufactures will find a marketing opportunity to introduce a digital feature:rolleyes:
Digital damp detection via a fully wired network of sensors perhaps, or a digital Acoustic Emmisions crack locating system. . 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Hutch
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Digital motors usually refers to brushless motors which need electronics to switch the +/- as it rotates - but these were around in the analogue days so it's just marketing BS.

All the switches in our house are digital - just needs one digit (finger) to operate!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
cheers, ok will keep the frier, and tell the other half

Although I think she’d be a Wonder Woman using the frier and hairdryer at the same time ;) :ROFLMAO:
You are forgetting the multi tasking potential of women. I could use a hairdryer, use an air fryer, feed a toddler in a high chair, and put a washer on all, at the same time.
mel

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If you use sites with a 16 amp supply you should be safe, but avoid using it if you have both water and caravan eating on at the same time as they can take a lot of power. . We use a 200 watt kettle on those sites and have had no trouble. The simple answer is keep a close eye on the power used when ever you have several things on at the same time.

Reactions: toad a caravan
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If you use sites with a 16 amp supply you should be safe, but avoid using it if you have both water and caravan eating on at the same time as they can take a lot of power. . We use a 200 watt kettle on those sites and have had no trouble. The simple answer is keep a close eye on the power used when ever you have several things on at the same time.
With a 200w kettle it must take all day to boil a cup of water. With a 1500w air fryer I would think that you should be okay on most UK sites, but you have raised a valid point.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Air Fryer is 1500w and not sure what wattage would trip the fuses, are we maxing out and should just return it?
Modern caravans with the standard Blue plug Electrical Hook Up are capable of running up to a maximum total current (Amps) of 16A. Each appliance will have a data plate that should show the number of Amps or Watts it will draw from the supply when it's in use.

Amps and Watts are not the same thing but they are related, and you can convert them as long as you know the supply Voltage which in the UK and EU is nominally rated at 230V, but can vary by about 10%.

Watts = Volts X Amps

In the UK and the EU, the mains Voltage has a nominal value of 230V. Based on 230V each 1000W (1kW) will draw 4.35Amps, so your 1500W (1.5kW) air fryer will draw about 6.5A of mains power.

As you can see this is well within the 16A limit for the EHU. Caravanner's do need to be aware of what electrical appliances are being used. You may need to turn off some other appliances if you want to use the air fryer, to keep the current through the EHU within its limits.

If you were using enough appliances to max out the 16A EHU cable you would be using 3680W (3.68kW) of power.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Modern caravans with the standard Blue plug Electrical Hook Up are capable of running up to a maximum total current (Amps) of 16A. Each appliance will have a data plate that should show the number of Amps or Watts it will draw from the supply when it's in use.

Amps and Watts are not the same thing but they are related, and you can convert them as long as you know the supply Voltage which in the UK and EU is nominally rated at 230V, but can vary by about 10%.

Watts = Volts X Amps

In the UK and the EU, the mains Voltage has a nominal value of 230V. Based on 230V each 1000W (1kW) will draw 4.35Amps, so your 1500W (1.5kW) air fryer will draw about 6.5A of mains power.

As you can see this is well within the 16A limit for the EHU. Caravanner's do need to be aware of what electrical appliances are being used. You may need to turn off some other appliances if you want to use the air fryer, to keep the current through the EHU within its limits.

If you were using enough appliances to max out the 16A EHU cable you would be using 3680W (3.68kW) of power.
Thanks for that Prof. A good insight for many Newbies, and a reminder for others.
In the back of my 2013 Coachman manual it shows a list of commonly used items and the wattage and amps they would use. Just so you know what might have caused the power bollard to trip the circuit breaker.
Hopefully the Bollard has and accessable CB, rather than a locked one.

Reactions: Saxo Appeal

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts