AL-KO Corner steady-comfort kits

Jul 25, 2005
Visit site
I have arthritis of the spine and I was wondering if any one has had any experience of fitting the above kit to a Lunar LX2000, 462 model.

The front steadies are no bother as they easy to get at. The rear ones are set right back and I am unable to bend down far enough to see the nut. I would therefore only require to two rear ones. Is it possible to do this as I have only seen them advertised as pairs

Thanks in advance for any help with this,

Regards, Pop.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have been fitting extensions to guide the winder in for a number of years.

All that I use is two lengths of 40mm diameter or so of plastic waste pipe with a saddle clip at the steady end.A thin bolt across the clip holds it tight onto the tubing and a couple of 1/2in screws into the caravan floor holds it on.

You can make the tubes any length to suit the distance required.

I also use a universal socket joint in the winder from the cordless drill

With the new Senator its the first caravan I've had that I haven't needed to do this mod for about 20 years.

My friend got a new Swift so I immediately made him a pair as a new caravan present !!!!

Its a lot cheaper than the Alko

Jul 25, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the reply JohnG. I thought it could be done somehow.

I will give it a go asap. Not too sure what you mean about the thin bolt across the clip means?

A drawing would be nice :)

Thanks, Pop.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you imagine that the saddle clip (conventional clip to hold sink waste pipe to wall) is U-shaped with two little feet that screw to the wall then just above the screws I drill a hole in each leg and put a long thin bolt to clamp the pipe firmly.

It has to be cut to the exact length or you can't get the screwdriver on to screw the bracket to the floor of the van.

You could glue the pipe in with super glue or solvent weld and there would be no screwing problem then.

Its just to stop it falling out .

Jul 25, 2005
Visit site
I have some cast iron conduit saddles for electrical work, they stand off the fixing ground by approximately 10 cms. I will try to get one of my sons on the job asap.

Thanks again,

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We seem to be at cross purposes

10cm is far too big for what I have been talking about.

A normal plastic 40mm(or so) waste pipe fitting is just the right size to screw into the underside of the floor and it then is dead centre on the end of the steady winding nut.

You then have a tube from that to guide the winding handle.

Jul 25, 2005
Visit site
Sorry about the cross purposes. I am now with you!!!!

To-day I got some waste pipe and pipe brackets and all is clear now. If a picture paints a thousand words, why dos' it take a thousand words to explain it to me ;-) I can see why you need the thin bolt thro' the bracket. I will try the solvent method first.

Thanks for your patience,

Pop

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts