Al-ko hitch lock CES keys

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I have recently bought a caravan and it came with an Al-ko hitch lock with just one key.

I know my luck, so couldn't live with having just one key.

After much searching and speaking to Al-ko themselves I was led to believe that CES key blanks were not available. After speaking to my local locksmiths they confirmed as much.

Not wanting to fork out £50 for a replacement lock or more for a complete replacement, I spoke to the locksmiths and a bit of kit exists that can produce key blanks ready for cutting.

So I asked them to make me a blank, they did, and it works a treat. It is brass. So a little softer than the original key, but being gentle with it will make it a lot cheaper than a new lock!

All in, the key was £20 so less than half the price of a replacement lock.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Are the locksmiths you used part of a national chain or local to you. Either way would like to know as I have a similar problem ( but not with Alko) and suppiers are only prepared to supply spare keys as set of two complete with lock barrels at very high price.

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
gents I had the same problem when I went to a locksmith but someone said to me try the local diy / shoe repairer / key cutter walked in and said 3 of these please £3.60p later so find a chandlers ( that's a word from the past) if you need the address im me tried to put a pic up but haven't a clue

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
20151019_151546.jpg

Thanks Parkys only toooooook 2hrs but got there in the end

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
The locksmiths I used was Holdfast Security on Edleston Road, Crewe.

The key blank photo shown later in this thread is a different key blank and is readily available.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts