Al-KO Wheel Lock

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
My Bailey Cartegena has fittings for 2 Al-Ko wheel locks. If I jack the caravan and align both wheels, when I lower it the wheels rotate slightly so I can't fit the locks. If I put the locks on when the 'van is jacked up and then lower it, is this placing undue pressure on the fittings. It isn't difficult to unscrew the securing bolt so I would guess not but I'm just wondering what other members think.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
That is the method that ALKO themselves recommend so can't imagine it would cause a problem. When I had the twin axle it was how I got the second wheel lock on and never had a problem.
I have read reports in the past of people reporting jammed locks but whether that was twin axles or not I don't know and thinking about it haven't noticed any posts about that problem in a long while.

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
It's just a case of practice, once jacked up rotate the wheel so that the keeper for the lock is just above the lower part of the opening in the wheel, when you lower the van the keeper should be central and the lock should fit, once you have done it a few times you can judge where the keeper needs to be before you lower the van.

I hope this helps.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We gave up trying to fit two ALKO locks as to physically jack up the caravan is a NO NO for both of us. We reached a compromise with the CC insurers and they agreed to give us the discount if the ALKO lock was fitted to the rear wheel and aSold Secure wheel clamp on the front wheel. Towergate also gave us this option. It made a life a lot easier for us.
The big issue is aligning the locks if you have to use levellers on a twin axle, then the fun and games can start!
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts