Alde heating, balancing?

Aug 14, 2019
Visit site
Swift Elegance 565, near side radiators are ok, offside ones are cool/cold.
Do they require some sort of balancing like some house radiators?
If so, how?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Swift Elegance 565, near side radiators are ok, offside ones are cool/cold.
Do they require some sort of balancing like some house radiators?
If so, how?
It sounds as if the ALDE system needs bleeding. With our caravan we have a radiator in the rear of the caravan. I heat up the heating, lower the front as much as possible and open the bleed screw on top of the radiator. Leave for about 30 minutes and then repeat. Also make sure that the pump is set to between 2- 3. Pump is normally next to the boiler.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Adle systems I have seen all the radiators are connected in series.

Set the heating to high and run. Leave it for about a 10 min to warm up. Then check the radiators to see if they are hot from top to bottom. If some are still cool at the top , feel the out flow pipe of the radiator, if it's hot then its most likely air in the radiator, and it should be bled.
If outflow pipe is cool, then the pump speed may need to be increased to improve the circulation.

IF this doesn't resolve the issue it may need to be checked by an Alde approved engineer.

Reactions: jimmyg352
Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
There is a pump setting (5) specifically meant for bleeding the system, but you need to turn it down after otherwise the gurgling will drive you mad

Reactions: Hutch
Aug 14, 2019
Visit site
It sounds as if the ALDE system needs bleeding. With our caravan we have a radiator in the rear of the caravan. I heat up the heating, lower the front as much as possible and open the bleed screw on top of the radiator. Leave for about 30 minutes and then repeat. Also make sure that the pump is set to between 2- 3. Pump is normally next to the boiler.
Thanks for that. Any idea where the boiler actually is? I can’t find anything online or in the handbook.

TRENDING THREADS