Aldi goodies

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Due to many things including being treated for prostrate cancer I have not been on the forum for a while so I do not know if it has been mentioned that Aldi have many caravan items including a small air awning, at £199.99, an emove at £499.99 and an air wind break at £179.99 plus many other items
Items are on line now and from Thursday or Sunday in store

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Due to many things including being treated for prostrate cancer I have not been on the forum for a while so I do not know if it has been mentioned that Aldi have many caravan items including a small air awning, at £199.99, an emove at £499.99 and an air wind break at £179.99 plus many other items
Items are on line now and from Thursday or Sunday in store
Thanks for the heads up will have a look (y)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
One word of warning. The exercise bike I purchased three weeks ago arrived with a damaged saddle. Their after customer service is abysmal. They tell you to write to the Bike manufacturers agent who then makes you fill out a form and send it to Germany. CRA does B not exist. An Alexandra from Aldi CS Roumania said they don’t keep spares. It may 4/6 weeks. I need the bike for my knee. They will take the whole bike and send me a refund once back at the manufacturers or a whole new bike of one is available. No good to me as I’ve had the op and can’t do assemblies for a while. I offered to buy a new saddle from Amazon prime £30. She c could send £30. Can’t do that🤬🤬🤬

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
One word of warning. The exercise bike I purchased three weeks ago arrived with a damaged saddle. Their after customer service is abysmal. They tell you to write to the Bike manufacturers agent who then makes you fill out a form and send it to Germany. CRA does B not exist. An Alexandra from Aldi CS Roumania said they don’t keep spares. It may 4/6 weeks. I need the bike for my knee. They will take the whole bike and send me a refund once back at the manufacturers or a whole new bike of one is available. No good to me as I’ve had the op and can’t do assemblies for a while. I offered to buy a new saddle from Amazon prime £30. She c could send £30. Can’t do that🤬🤬🤬
Now now, calm down, I suppose if you get high blood pressure, at least your in the right place. 😃😃😃

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The above is the main reason why we do not buy this type of goods from either ALDI or LIDL as trying to return any faulty goods is very stressful! We would rather pay the extra and go elsewhere where the return of goods is easy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you pay a UK company for the goods within the UK the CRA has to apply. Its the retailer not the manufacturer that carries the responsibility. Remind ALDI of the law.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If you pay a UK company for the goods within the UK the CRA has to apply. Its the retailer not the manufacturer that carries the responsibility. Remind ALDI of the law.
Very true and not sure why the consumer has to do the chasing around when it is the responsibility of the supplier?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I think Aldi are not non compliant. They have issued an instruction to fill out the manufacturer form and it should progress from there. If DD is not satisfied he will doubtless go back to a
Aldi. But since it was bought on line he cannot just return it to the local store. Would it be better if Aldi provided the form to fill in? At least this way the customers concern is made direct to the manufacturer as advised by Aldi, but it’s premature to say they are bucking their responsibility. Let’s see how it works out.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
We've always found returning anything faulty at Aldi pretty painless-hedge trimmer packed up 2 years 8 months in to a 3 year warranty and the refund was instant allowing us to buy another elsewhere.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Only had one experience of returning a faulty item to Aldi. I handed it over in store. They offered a refund or replacement. I asked for a refund and they gave me the money.
Have bought many other Aldi items and been happy with the quality.
Mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
In part yes Prof. But the devils have me over a barrel CRA covers goods from£100 to £30k. The bike was £99,99.
Mel
The bike assembled weighs 75 kgs and will not fit in the car.I am keeping it and will use it until the new saddle arrives

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Apart from CRA the Online and distance selling can be utilised.

John
That link doesn’t give much information relating to faulty, or incorrect goods, and presumably expects selling companies decide how best to manage such issues.

On the one occasion I had a missing item on an Aldi product bought on line it took about two weeks for it to be sent. The purchase was for a set of step ladders that could be arranged to make an elevated work platform. One of the restraint bars was missing.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
That link doesn’t give much information relating to faulty, or incorrect goods, and presumably expects selling companies decide how best to manage such issues.

On the one occasion I had a missing item on an Aldi product bought on line it took about two weeks for it to be sent. The purchase was for a set of step ladders that could be arranged to make an elevated work platform. One of the restraint bars was missing.

You are right, it is weak re. customer rights for faulty products. It does say:

"You must tell the customer they can cancel their order up to 14 days after their order is delivered. They do not need to give a reason for cancelling.

If you do not tell the customer about their right to cancel, they can cancel at any time in the next 12 months. If you tell them about the right to cancel during these 12 months, they have 14 days to cancel from when you told them."

But fails to say at who's expense for returns.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
You are right, it is weak re. customer rights for faulty products. It does say:

"You must tell the customer they can cancel their order up to 14 days after their order is delivered. They do not need to give a reason for cancelling.

If you do not tell the customer about their right to cancel, they can cancel at any time in the next 12 months. If you tell them about the right to cancel during these 12 months, they have 14 days to cancel from when you told them."

But fails to say at who's expense for returns.

John
Thank you, I had read the link.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I think now that it is all part of the CRA 2015 and no longer separate legislation?

A summary of the distance selling and online selling are both on separate .Gov sites, normally if regs are incorporated the old ones are removed. So I think they are separate legislation. But could work together.

It would also seem the min value for CRA is £100 and £42 for online purchases.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
A summary of the distance selling and online selling are both on separate .Gov sites, normally if regs are incorporated the old ones are removed. So I think they are separate legislation. But could work together.

It would also seem the min value for CRA is £100 and £42 for online purchases.

John
I am not aware of any restrictions on values in CRA 2015 as it applies to any value?
Which consumer state that the Distance Selling Regulations no longer apply in UK law. https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/distance-selling-regulations-aAijb9Q8UT3V
It has been replaced with Consumer Contracts Regulations

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts