Aldi goodies

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I am not aware of any restrictions on values in CRA 2015 as it applies to any value?
Which consumer state that the Distance Selling Regulations no longer apply in UK law. https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/distance-selling-regulations-aAijb9Q8UT3V
It has been replaced with Consumer Contracts Regulations

Dusty quoted the £100 in #14. Regarding the rest, I won’t argue but find it odd that the dot Gov site still shows the distance and online regs.

Actually both are correct! It depends on the date sold.

And then there is CCR to look at. More to it all than meets the eye me thinks. I would investigate further if I had an issue.

John

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Update
Alexander from Aldi rang and said their supplier doesn’t stock spare saddles . They can collect the bike and send a replacement in four weeks. No good to me because Post the knee op I can’t do the assembly. Then offered 20% refund in 10>days. Their customer policy does NOT recognise CRA 2015🤬.ok I’ll contact their U.K. MD. Paused and then offered 20;% rebate and an Aldi £10 voucher. That will do nicely . Voucher was immediate!
There are some lessons here but I‘ m happy

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Update
Alexander from Aldi rang and said their supplier doesn’t stock spare saddles . They can collect the bike and send a replacement in four weeks. No good to me because Post the knee op I can’t do the assembly. Then offered 20% refund in 10>days. Their customer policy does NOT recognise CRA 2015🤬.ok I’ll contact their U.K. MD. Paused and then offered 20;% rebate and an Aldi £10 voucher. That will do nicely . Voucher was immediate!
Under CRA 2015 you are entitled to a full refund if you do nto want a replacement. I would look for an exercise bike elsewhere if ALDI do not recognised CRA 2015. Plenty of decent second hand ones for sale that can be delivered or even new ones from reputable places i.e. Argos.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Update
Be interesting to hear what the company MD says, or have you now settled?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Buckman and Clive, As you know it’s not the bike but my knee op that makes a replacement bike impracticable. Anyway a good resolution but not within the spirit of our English Law. If P&O Ferries get away with it our precious CRA may just become impotent, sorry to be cynical but the big boys don‘t care, Customer Service, what’s that🤪🤪

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Buckman and Clive, As you know it’s not the bike but my knee op that makes a replacement bike impracticable. Anyway a good resolution but not within the spirit of our English Law. If P&O Ferries get away with it our precious CRA may just become impotent, sorry to be cynical but the big boys don‘t care, Customer Service, what’s that🤪🤪
Which is why now only buy groceries from the likes of ALDI or LIDL.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

By offering a replacement bike AldI were acting in the spirit of the law. I am sure that had you pushed for a refund one would have been forthcoming, but that wasn’t aligned with your “kneeds” But I find it hard to conceive that they aren’t bound by CRA 2015, perhaps the person you spoke to just didn’t know anything about it, why should he as he would work by the company returns and refunds procedures. After all a well known electro technolgy and appliance retailer puts up the most amazing smokescreen on every occasion possible. But I would have expected Aldi to be streets above them.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/customer-services/returns

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
By offering a replacement bike AldI were acting in the spirit of the law. I am sure that had you pushed for a refund one would have been forthcoming, but that wasn’t aligned with your “kneeds” But I find it hard to conceive that they aren’t bound by CRA 2015, perhaps the person you spoke to just didn’t know anything about it. After all a well known electro technolgy and appliance retailer puts up the most amazing smokescreen on every occasion possible.
Under the 30 days according to DD so should be a full no quibble ?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Under the 30 days according to DD so should be a full no quibble ?
Did DD actually ask for a refund ansd was it refused. In which case Aldi are non compliant with their published procedures as per the link that I posted. You cannot expect every customer service agent to be as intimately knowledgeable with CRA 2015 as are the “ legal eagles “ of this Forum. But as long as companies embody the requirements in their procedures and follow those procedures. that’s sufficient.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Did DD actually ask for a refund ansd was it refused. In which case Aldi are non compliant with their published procedures as per the link that I posted. You cannot expect every customer service agent to be as intimately knowledgeable with CRA 2015 as are the “ legal eagles “ of this Forum. But as long as companies embody the requirements in their procedures and follow those procedures. that’s sufficient.
To be honest as a representative in a customer role, I would have thought that they would be familar with the basics of CRA 2015, obviously not indepth?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
By offering a replacement bike AldI were acting in the spirit of the law. I am sure that had you pushed for a refund one would have been forthcoming, but that wasn’t aligned with your “kneeds” But I find it hard to conceive that they aren’t bound by CRA 2015, perhaps the person you spoke to just didn’t know anything about it, why should he as he would work by the company returns and refunds procedures. After all a well known electro technolgy and appliance retailer puts up the most amazing smokescreen on every occasion possible. But I would have expected Aldi to be streets above them.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/customer-services/returns
A lady based in Rounania dealt with it. Another needless exercise for me

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
The above is the main reason why we do not buy this type of goods from either ALDI or LIDL as trying to return any faulty goods is very stressful! We would rather pay the extra and go elsewhere where the return of goods is easy.
We did try to return goods some time ago through their sales people , but we have found that taking it back to shop you get instant refund

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We did try to return goods some time ago through their sales people , but we have found that taking it back to shop you get instant refund
Depends on the type of product. Their return procedure is well explained for the various types of product. Not everything can be returned via the store.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Been looking at the Tower silver metal sensor bin 60L at Aldi online it very reasonable has anyone else brought this item .

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Not that one. but we had a sensor bin for many years and it was absolutely fine. Just cast the hand in front and it magically opened then shut after x seconds. The only issues were that it responded to remote controls which gave us a few laughs. and it ate batteries, but I bypassed that and plugged it in via a transformer.

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Not that one. but we had a sensor bin for many years and it was absolutely fine. Just cast the hand in front and it magically opened then shut after x seconds. The only issues were that it responded to remote controls which gave us a few laughs. and it ate batteries, but I bypassed that and plugged it in via a transformer.

John
Hi John Thanks for the advice

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have to admit to being rather scathing about some products that I see as totally unnecessary, and especially those where the manufacturers seems to think that automating it with electronics is what makes sense. I class sensor bins and electric tail gates, electrically adjusted steering columns, and remote controlled glove boxes etc as manufacturers parading how clever they think they are - until they go wrong.

All this additional equipment is an opportunity to charge more for the goods and for it to fail!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I have to admit to being rather scathing about some products that I see as totally unnecessary, and especially those where the manufacturers seems to think that automating it with electronics is what makes sense. I class sensor bins and electric tail gates, electrically adjusted steering columns, and remote controlled glove boxes etc as manufacturers parading how clever they think they are - until they go wrong.

All this additional equipment is an opportunity to charge more for the goods and for it to fail!
We think that having the electric tailgate is wonderful as difficult for either of us to stretch up to pull it down. However you are correct about a lot of unnecessary gadgets that you will never use. Similar to a Smart phone that comes loaded with numerous apps that you will never use in a life time.

May 11, 2021
Visit site
We found an electric tailgate useful for the school run, where we could drop the kids and open/close the boot for them to access when they couldn’t reach to close it. Electric steering column is useful if it has a memory and sets where each driver wants it. And whilst the argument of “more stuff to go wrong” has resounded from fathers and old timer mechanics for aeons, general reliability of most cars is pretty good. Not sure I can justify a remote control glovebox though.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
And whilst the argument of “more stuff to go wrong” has resounded from fathers and old timer mechanics for aeons, general reliability of most cars is pretty good.

Cars are generally more reliable these days but when they do go wrong they often cost a lot more to repair - relatively speaking.

Reactions: figbat

Hoomer

BANNED
Jun 11, 2018
Visit site
Very sound reasons for going for electric power steering in particular.
Its much lighter, maintenance free and vastly more reliable. It also allows things like auto park.
Ditto power operated tailgates, they are pretty foolproof and will always lock unlike mechanical ones that can be closed down without locking.
CANBUS etc wiring ditto - vastly more reliable that old fashioned plug and play copper wiring and it gives a constant feedback of the cars components health to the ECU

Reactions: figbat
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Very sound reasons for going for electric power steering in particular.
Its much lighter, maintenance free and vastly more reliable. It also allows things like auto park.
Ditto power operated tailgates, they are pretty foolproof and will always lock unlike mechanical ones that can be closed down without locking.
CANBUS etc wiring ditto - vastly more reliable that old fashioned plug and play copper wiring and it gives a constant feedback of the cars components health to the ECU
Bonus of the electric tailgate is that they cannot easily be opened manually if a thief decides to open the tailgate to remove items from the boot area while you are stationary at the traffic lights. This has happened in the past.

Reactions: Hoomer
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Bonus of the electric tailgate is that they cannot easily be opened manually if a thief decides to open the tailgate to remove items from the boot area while you are stationary at the traffic lights. This has happened in the past.
My car self locks when underway, and will not unlock unless I press the switch, or switch off the ignition. Passengers find it infuriating, but they can open their door if they know the "trick". My wife's car does the same.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts