ALDI satellite system

Aug 17, 2008
Visit site
Told my OH to be outside Aldi tomorrow morning but being typical man he was impatient so popped in on his way home tonight.

The very nice lad stacking shelves went into the back and got him one!!!

So as well as working out how to put up our new awning we now have a satellite system to sort out on Sunday.

Think they'll be lots of wine involved.......

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
HI! Louise i use one of Aldi,s sat kits great things use them from Inverness(N Scotland to Derby Midlands of england) just take your time setting up the dish you will need a tripod i use a small extendable one Aldi had a outside 240v light stand a few years ago

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Hope you have better luck than I have had with my dish! Bought a 60cm one with tripod and all the kit. Tried it out at home linking it into the sky box in the house (to save embarrassment of using on site for the first time and making a pigs ear of it!) and it worked perfectly. Since then Bunree (big hill in way no reception) Edzell (lots of big trees in way, no reception). My wife thought it was hilarious watching me walking about in woods, sattelite dish held high, looking for a signal, thankfully it was dark! Who needs TV anyway?

Good luck

Cheers

G

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Louise. If you have ANY TROUBLE SETTING UP your system ask Parksy one of the mods he will tell you how to find the instructions as written by Sir Roger

Sir Roger

Aug 17, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for your replies. I'm looking forward to the challenges of setting up on Sunday!

Is it just me or is there always something else you need to buy? We can't go past a carvan shop without going in and saying "that'll be useful for the 'van" lol!

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
I brought one this morning, and set it up in the garden at home, using the bird table and a couple of Cable ties as a stand, after a bit of swearing trying to get the alignment right it is working fine now. Just need to source a tripod and we're away. The wall braket will adopt to a Tripod easily.

Dave C

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi I bought one of there systems last year and had no problems. (Great peice of Kit).

re a tripod to set it up on, as a DJ by trade I use a speaker stand available at any dj lighting shops or Maplins. They are very sturdy as they have to usuallay hold the weight of heavy speakers, Light weight as have to be movable but mostly they extend so to give extra hight. If windy like all tripods I just use a guide rope for extra stability.

John

TRENDING THREADS