ALKO CHASSIS REFURBISHMENT TIMESCALE??

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
Last week on our first trip out of the season 40 miles into our journey we had the N/S wheel come off. It has damaged some bodywork but more importantly has damaged the stub axle and hub.

The local caravan dealer had told me that the axle will have to go back to Alko for refurbishment.

As we have major plans for a european holiday iminently can anyone tell me how long it is likely to take to get the axle refurbished and back to my dealer and is there anything I can do to speed up the process, in terms of delivering it personally to them as I will have to cancel this extra long sepcial occasion holiday if it is to take any length of time.

Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Judging by the extent of the job that you have described, the actual work itself should hardly take more than a day. It's more a question of how long it will take to ship the unit to AlKo and back and for when AlKo is able to schedule the job in their workshops. If speed is important to you, I'd suggest that you follow it up yourself, checking regularly back with the the dealer and directly with AlKo what the status is. From what I've heard, AlKo is normally quite cooperative regarding customer issues.

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
it is for this reason why we never bother with refurbs. plus when alko get it back, they will complete any repairs they find without prior warning and you never know how much the bill will be until the axle is returned. in most cases it is cheaper and quicker to simply buy a new axle.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We had the same thing about 6 months ago and the axle went back to Alko

It was about 3 weeks or so

But the insurance assessing and typing out and sending of estimates etc seemd to drag things out

They did a superb job which cost the insurance about

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
Thanks everyone, really appreciate the hints. My caravan dealer has agreed to remove the axle this weekend and I am personally taking it to Alko, os I am hoping that this will speed things up.

Happy Caravanning!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks everyone, really appreciate the hints. My caravan dealer has agreed to remove the axle this weekend and I am personally taking it to Alko, os I am hoping that this will speed things up.

Happy Caravanning!!
Good luck

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts