alko hitch and truma fire

Jul 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi,
I've had to fit an alko hitch as my car has a brink detachable tow bar so leaf spring stabiliser wont fit. Have just done my first trip with
and the fornt of the truma fire has fallen off ( happened on both out and back runs). Could it be that the alko bounces more than the leaf spring type and therefore causes this problem ? Or is it that those pesky bent wire clips are bent or under tensioned?
Either way has anyone a definitive description of the shape these things should be and how they actually retain the fire front.
I have tried and adjusted and am losing patience.I have placed the oblong holes over the clips and raised the frontto drop the catches on to the bottom supports but one small tap and the front falls off.
Any ideas please.
Regards to all
Jeff

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jeff, we also had problems with the front falling off the fire on our last 'van (which has actually gone now - somebody nicked it!). I searched around the web and found that it was a recognised fault. In fact, it may have been on this forum that I found some info. The 'van was still under warranty, so we just took it back to the dealer for fixing. Do a bit of googling and see what you come up with. I agree it was very irritating, not least because we kept blaming ourselves or the dogs for being clumsy and dislodging the front. It was fine after the workshop fixed it.

Jenny

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
Judging by the number of times this fault appears on forums, it's a common one. Certainly it happened a lot with mine - until I fitted a screw at the top of the cooling fins.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts