Alko Motor Mover

Sep 11, 2007
Visit site
Did any one who went to the NEC find out the price of the new Alko motor mover. I have found information on the German web site but no prices or info on the UK web site?

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
I wondered when ALKO would bring a mover to the market, an integrated system has got to be better tan a retro fitted produce?

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Had a look at this on the ALKO stand at the NEC and the mover looked good, streamlined etc. I don't know why they demonstrated it on a silly 'scooter' that a young lady operated as it did not show it off as well as other motor mover manufacturers did with their equipment. The ALKO staff couldn't answer any questions on how it would work with a twin-axle caravan - they didn't have a clue. I thought that coming to a caravan show they would be well prepared but alas no ....!

What a difference with Reich and Powertouch at the show - consumate professionals with loads of advice.

Alan

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
There are two models, Part Nos. 1224844 and 1224846. The 1224844 is for Al-Ko chassis marked 'M' (model year 2010) with all necessary provisions for for its installation and the 1224846 for older Al-Ko chassis and other makes. The former will cost 2299_ (including 19% German VAT) and weighs 29kg and the latter 2399_ and weighing 36kg (because it requires an additional chassis crossmember). This crossmember reduces ground clearance by 5cm, the other model without has no effect on ground clearance.

What is surprising is that both models are rated for caravans with an MTPLM of up to 2250kg. This suggests to me that it is a bit over-engineered for the majority of caravans, hence probably the hefty price.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We were also told at the show that prices would be announced nearer the launch and prices would be comparable with units currently available. If Alko think 2k is comparable I don't think the existing mover manufacturers will have much to worry about.

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
I wondered when ALKO would bring a mover to the market, an integrated system has got to be better tan a retro fitted produce?
I didn't see the AL-KO motor mover.

No doubt it will be a first class product. But I don't think that you should discount the competition. There are some very worthy and well engineered devices avaialble elswhere.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts