Alko wheel clamp

Nov 2, 2021
Visit site
Hello All
new to caravaning I have the correct lozenge with no locking parts . Are all the locking parts the same for all the different numbers. Mines a 6. IE. So if I bought a number 22 complete would the locking system be the same and throw the lozenge away.
Thanks

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hello All
new to caravaning I have the correct lozenge with no locking parts . Are all the locking parts the same for all the different numbers. Mines a 6. IE. So if I bought a number 22 complete would the locking system be the same and throw the lozenge away.
Thanks
Yes. I did just what you are proposing. Don’t throw the lozenge away. They sell well.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have often thought about buying a lozsenge, that is smaller than the normal one that fits the wheel of our caravan.
The reason being when on pitch you so not have to have it exactly aligned when fitting it to the van. Just have to get the right size.

Reactions: Anseo
Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I have often thought about buying a lozsenge, that is smaller than the normal one that fits the wheel of our caravan.
The reason being when on pitch you so not have to have it exactly aligned when fitting it to the van. Just have to get the right size.

I'm pretty sure somebody or other is going to chime in with the insurance implications, even if there are no realistic shortcomings to what you suggest.

I think that it is a great idea, nice to see people think beyond the obvious options Hutch; (y).

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
If you buy the lock section as already said it will fit, it’s a good idea to buy it from ALKO because first you get 2 keys and it’s registered with alko should you lose the keys and also if you get a used lock you wouldn’t be sure it hadn’t been abused and should it be locked and you can’t unlock it you’ll have problems.

BP

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I bought a complete lozenge plus lock from a CMHC classifieds. The owner had deregistered the lock and showed me the confirmation. I then bought a used lozenge to fit the caravan on EBay, which was actually being sold by a local Swift dealership. So I used that lozenge plus CMHC lock on my van, and registered the lock with Alko. When I sold the van I deregistered the lock for the new owner.

Given that the lozenges are a conformal 3D match to a specific alloy design it might take a while to even get some sort of match. I think I’d buy a Wraith or Nemesis, new or pre owned, as they are better for fitting on tour, and give pretty good security. I always used a lightweight Milenco when touring but carried the Alko just in case the caravan had to be left for any reason.

Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts