Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone suggest ways to stop our caravan rolling as people move about, I am quite sea sick? This was very noticeable on our second trip out in our new (to us) 3 year old Lunar. We wound down the steadies further and this helped a little. There does not appear to be any damp in the van and the pitch was hardstanding.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tim, When you have lowered all four steadies, onto the ground, walk round and recheck all four, as sometimes you will find that one steadie requires further lowering to contact the ground.Flat pieces of wood positioned under the steadies foot helps on soft ground.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tim, I reckon Roy has given you the advice I would have given you,one other item do you leave your jockey down? some people wind them up and I do not believe that is a good thing to do that,the only other item is the actual caravans dampers(suspension}on the caravan are in need of some attention(highly questionable though}good luck I hope you get it sorted.Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tim

I suffer the same problem as you this is what my thoughts are, If you are able, try fitting shock absorbers (I cannot), the other one is to apply bottle jacks to both sides of the van next to the wheels, this is my only choice which I shall try when I next use my van but at the moment mine's in hospital it has water problems not bad only 18 months old.

regards

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As Roy says, pieces of wood are a must since the ground may become wet even if dry when you arrive!

I know its lazy but I use a cordless drill with a torque limiter to lower the steadies as this also avoids overstressing the chassis. After the 1st day check again after the ground/grass has compressed

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts