All together now

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
We started caravanning by accident 7 years ago after being given the opportunity to buy a small two berth Vanroyce.
As we work we used it mostly at weekends putting it on site then during the weekdays letting parents and family use it before going back for a second weekend.
My sister soon found she loved her little mid week breaks and decided to purchase a van of her own.
Two years on we decided our love of the hobby was too great & an upgrade to a larger van was needed.
However we could not bare to see our Vanroyce go, so my other sister stepped in, she would take it on so keeping it in the family, that made 3 vans.
At this point my parents decided the time had come for them to get a van of their own, at the young age of 70, there journey into the world of owning a van began.
Finally my brother decided not to be left out, he loves his fishing and came to the conclusion there are some great sites with lakes attached. Family van no. 5 soon arrived.
So what started out as a small purchase to see if caravanning was for us, has developed into 5 vans blocked booked into a small site for Easter, bringing all the family together.

As we where growing older we all seamed to be drifting apart, but one purchase of an old van has given us all our own separate adventures culminating into bringing us all closer together and leading to some exciting family holidays to come.

So now that's my story, how has a caravan affected you.
Would love to hear
Cheers
John

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Great story, John, well done.I can't claim to have started that many people into caravanning, but our adventure started 46 years ago, and hasn't ended yet! We're both over 70 now, and still enjoy the life.
Sadly, neither of our children have followed us, though I keep trying to persuade them!.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
What a lovely story. All the joy of family holidays with the bonus of your own vans to retreat to, if the rellies get too much.
mel

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
'Mercy sakes, Rubber Duck. Looks like we got us a convoy!' :woohoo:

Excellent story John,

I suppose you could get a family discount on a five van site ;)

spardoe

Administrator
May 12, 2010
Visit site
What a lovely tale John, thanks for sharing. I would love to use this as a letter in the next issue if you don't mind?

If so, if you have any photos of you all away in your 'vans or just yours it would be fantastic to include. However we would need them by the morning if at all possible, Either way we'll use your letter.

TRENDING THREADS