Alpenblick or Jungfraublick?

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
It looks like you're having trouble posting. Perhaps you should look on the 'Our website' section, for the topic 'FAO Internet Explorer 9' users, which explains what to do to make sure your posts actually appear.
If you're still having problems then you can use the 'email a moderator' button to find out where you're going wrong!

Jun 15, 2007
Visit site
Oops not sure where my post went to so here I go again......My husband and I are planning our summer trip and tempted to make our first foray into Switzerland( we are Francophiles but like to take the occasional risk !) We have read decent reviews of Alpenblick and Jungfraublick but wondered if anyone had personal experience , good or not so good, about either site. We hope to travel late June, early July, towing a single axle caravan. We use a sun canopy rather than a full awning so a very large pitch is not vital. Thankyou in anticipation.

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
I've only been to Jungfraublick and that was twenty years ago, our very first overseas trip with the caravan. From memory the site was very good but the pitches were a bit small and cramped. That aside, it is located on the edge of Interlaken and very convenient for Lauterbrunnen and Grindlewald. Apart from one day we never did more that about 12 miles in the car on any day. The trains and cable cars will take you to most places with ease.
The site suffers (or did 20 years ago) from a bit of aircraft noise from a military air base only about a mile away. Conversely, one could sit at the caravan watching them skydiving in an evening or weekend. Personally, aircraft noise isn't a problem to me.
The whole area is spectacular but we found that (despite what I wrote earlier) there are not that many roads up into the mountains. Consequently, in following years we went to the French alps where mountain roads are common. Like you, we are now Francophiles.
We'd like to go back to the area if it wasn't so very expensive especially with things like the vignettes that are needed for both car and caravan if any travelling, no matter how short a distance, is done on a motorway.
I'm sure you will enjoy the area, there are lots of places to see and things to do that you don't really get elswhere in such a concentration.

Jun 15, 2007
Visit site
Thankyou John. I agree re cost but as there are just the two of us and we hope to be away for 5 weeks, we will just build it into the overall price of our holiday and hopefully will still think our caravan holiday is money well spent, but have to say getting off the island of Ireland is our biggest price consideration! The area around Interlaken seems so lovely and using public transport might be our best option and good value too. Thanks again.

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi;;Re; Switz. vignettes required for motorway ;;40 Swiss francs = £29 approx ;;2 required; Robbery but no way out of it; Jungfraublick7 gives a free bus pass to town;handy to save parking; No airfield noise as no planes now; Supermarket opposite site; very busy in peak period;;Site fees contact site for info;;depend on how flush you are there is a regional ticket [costly] but if you want to see the area ideal;;covers trains; boats;a few cable cars ;If not plenty of car trips in the area;;;having spent approx 20 trips to Jungfraublick with caravan i may be biased but have plenty of answers;;last trip Sept2012
If it's possible to contact me;;let me have your questions;;;Jock

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi Miss Ellie, saw your post re Interlaken. We stayed on Lake Brienz last June during the diamond jubilee at Camping Aaregg - fab site, with superb views down the lake but quite expensive. Wesite is www.aaregg.ch. We also paid for our stay in swiss francs as if you use a credit card, this incurs an extra charge. We definitely want to go back as the site was the cleanest we have ever seen. You can also walk along the lake to Brienz which is a super village. My husband and I also took our two staffordshire bull terriers and the site was ver pet friendly.

One tip that might help, because Switzerland is expensive, we got our butcher to vacuum pack meat and filled the freezer part of our fridge.
Hope this is of interest.

Sara

TRENDING THREADS