Alternative to Puriclean from local stores

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
They are both exactly the same with no difference and both come from the same factory.
No they aren't.
Puriclean contains chlorine dioxide, a different compound from Milton's sodium hypochlorite.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It's a fallacy to automatically believe that a non branded product and a branded product will be the same just becasue they are manufactured in the same factory.

Even if they contain the same principle components (or chemicals) the proportions may be different or one may have some other additional components that makes a difference in the way the products work.

A classic example of this are some breakfast cereals where several different supermarket own brands are produced by the same manufacture. We have had similar discussions relating to batteries

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
No they aren't.
Puriclean contains chlorine dioxide, a different compound from Milton's sodium hypochlorite.
I never mention Miltons at all. I did mention the VWP and Puriclean wh8ch are the same.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I wouldn't take the filter out during cleaning, this will be cleaned after it's all drained,
If you clean the caravan then the filter will probably need to be chucked afterwards anyway. Why bother with a filter. Simple replace the section where the filter was with a food grade hose available from any caravan dealer. It will save you a fortune in the long run.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It's a fallacy to automatically believe that a non branded product and a branded product will be the same just becasue they are manufactured in the same factory.

Even if they contain the same principle components (or chemicals) the proportions may be different or one may have some other additional components that makes a difference in the way the products work.

A classic example of this are some breakfast cereals where several different supermarket own brands are produced by the same manufacture. We have had similar discussions relating to batteries
Apologies for making an incorrect assumption regarding Puriclean etc as never realised you worked for the manufacturer of these products and have inside information. :(

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you clean the caravan then the filter will probably need to be chucked afterwards anyway. Why bother with a filter. Simple replace the section where the filter was with a food grade hose available from any caravan dealer. It will save you a fortune in the long run.
When a caravan has a displacement pump, its important to prevent particulate debris from entering the pump as it can compromise the operation of internal one way valves inside the pump. Such pums need the the grid filter.
Apologies for making an incorrect assumption regarding Puriclean etc as never realised you worked for the manufacturer of these products and have inside information. :(
You don't have to work for a particular manufacturer to understand the principle of manufacturing diversity.

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I said in an earlier post that the Flojet pump can have a particulate filter to protect the pumps mechanism. The other filters being mentioned are for conditioning the cold water sytem for domestic use. Some can be in the water inlet on the side of the caravan, others may be under the kitchen worktop in the supply to the cold tap(s) I asked Saxo to be more specific about what filter he’s concerned about. Although he could be concerned about both types if fitted to the caravan.

It’s not really rocket science but even by my high threshold the thread verges on extreme boredom. 😱

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I said in an earlier post that the Flojet pump can have a particulate filter to protect the pumps mechanism. The other filters being mentioned are for conditioning the cold water sytem for domestic use. Some can be in the water inlet on the side of the caravan, others may be under the kitchen worktop in the supply to the cold tap(s) I asked Saxo to be more specific about what filter he’s concerned about. Although he could be concerned about both types if fitted to the caravan.

It’s not really rocket science but even by my high threshold the thread verges on extreme boredom. 😱
I am sorry that I cannot post an indepth breakdown of the chemical components of the sterilising powder to compare the differences if any, but I am not privy to that information as I never worked for the manufacturer. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I am sorry that I cannot post an indepth breakdown of the chemical components of the sterilising powder to compare the differences if any, but I am not privy to that information as I never worked for the manufacturer. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
My post quoted by you makes no mention of sterilisation powder, are you mixing me up with someone else. ?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
My old water pump was protected by these , each mounted inside the three way valve. The new pump came wit( an additional filter in line from the aquaroll pipe to the pump inlet. Another diy job to,do1711480244704.jpeg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts