Am I missing something?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I have three kids all well behaved,they are taught to respect everybody in the hope people respect them for what they are! I have two little ones who are brilliant but they get tired and cranky!! this is shortlived and they soon conk out at around 9pm,pity the adults didnt conk out at this time too!! Anyway my point is when the time finally comes myself and hubby can go on our own I'll be going to an an adult only site,purely for the rest,but theres no guarentee that it will be any more peaceful than a family site,as I said at least kids do finally conk out !!

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Tina

In previous posts I have mentioned that I do not belong to any Caravan Club, so it goes without saying that all my experience (over many years)refers to private sites. I can honestly say that both in the UK and abroad I have NEVER witnessed anything or any behaviour that is being referred to in this thread.

Maybe I have been lucky, or perhaps it has something to do with the sites I visit. Several people have mentioned adults getting p*ssed and causing a nuisance, again I have never witnessed this on any site I have visited. Have I just been lucky, its certainly not because I don't see what's going on around me I am always getting accused by the other half of being nosey. I have nothing against Adult only sites but I don't think I would choose one out of preference (with a 7 yr old it will be a while before I get the choice anyway) and at the risk of offending anyone I think Caravan Sites are made for kids.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Graham

went on a bit of a tangent,what I was meaning that the people that use adult only sites dont necessarily dislike kids,just perhaps on a break from them,or thiers have grown up etc..

I tend to stick to sites where I know there will be other kids,as theres always that little ratbag that make yours look like angels!!!!! A colleague suggested taking them to a CL, I would never of dreamed of it,I would never feel comfy if the other four vans were just couples,I'd be on tenterhooks if the kids made the slightest noise !!! I think what you said shows though that, Bad kids,Bad dogs,Bad Adults,Bad grumpy old sods!!! are all very much a minority, thankfully !!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
How I agree with Paul/Tina etc kids should be well mannered and respect other peoples property alas its how their brought up. I too have experienced this and have moved on rather than cause a fuss which happened only last week stuck between noisy families. First thing we do now before we pitch up is look at the van next to us to see if any toys/footballs are lying around if so we move somewhere else to avoid the possibility of unpleasantries. Grumpy No - appreciate well mannered kids yes.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ray

The reference to adult only sites was made in passing with reference to noisy and ill-mannered children. Why is it always thought that just because we sometimes prefer an adult only site we must be grumpy? When our children were little of course we used sites where they were encouraged to mix with others, but always on the play-area in our sight and not next to other caravanners.

Now we are older and after busy working weeks where, my husband in particular,spends all week talking to people and is surrounded by noise,we sometimes just fancy a bit of peace and quiet and so might opt for an adult only site.

There is demand for both types of sites to suit all people and all those of us who just want a quieter time ask is that children should be taught to be aware of other people, so that we don't have to be grumpy.

p.s. I do sometimes tell my husband that he could be on that tv programme but we are not always on a caravan site!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Chris (Nantwich), I was agreeing with you. I think you should be able to do what you want as long as its legal. What I am saying about the anti 'adult only' brigade is that they seem to have a perverse desire to make people who prefer to carvan where there are no children, pitch next to them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ray, you got it wrong mate. When I see "adults only" on campsites, It means "children not allowed" for no reason other than adults don't want them around.

It's about as moral as having "white only" sites.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
S/P 10/10 mate, how long did it take you to work that out. Just for the record, my sons have grown up and flown the nest, and if I want to go to a site where there are no children I have that right, whether you think otherwise is of no interest me or thousands like me. Pull your neck back in and get off your soap-box, its a free country where people make choices that suit them and their needs, likes, etc etc. I have witnessed plonkers and their offspring who take-over when on site, and judging by your response I think your from the same stable. Have you ever asked yourself why these sites are so popular?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Geordie,

Thank you for the insults to me, my wife and my kids.

I'm not sure why you feel we deserved that and I'll treat it as an outburst from an unfeeling old git.

Just for the record, we are a very private family and don't like intruding as much as we don't like intruders.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Graham

went on a bit of a tangent,what I was meaning that the people that use adult only sites dont necessarily dislike kids,just perhaps on a break from them,or thiers have grown up etc..

I tend to stick to sites where I know there will be other kids,as theres always that little ratbag that make yours look like angels!!!!! A colleague suggested taking them to a CL, I would never of dreamed of it,I would never feel comfy if the other four vans were just couples,I'd be on tenterhooks if the kids made the slightest noise !!! I think what you said shows though that, Bad kids,Bad dogs,Bad Adults,Bad grumpy old sods!!! are all very much a minority, thankfully !!!
we have three children who are expected to behave well and remember their manners at all times, my husband works in a school so our holiday is going to be on a cl. He works with other peoples ratbags all year, we dont want them on our holiday. Our children have never been allowed to interfer with other peoples peace and quiet and as responsible parents all we have ever heard is how nice it is to see children who dont cause problems. All i can say is i feel sorry for the children who are being brought up by parents who dont care about them and thank heaven there are many people like my husband in schools to guide them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
s/p,you question my response to comments that you make, then come over all innocent and ask why you deserve them. (1) I am a cc member and I dont apologize for that. (2)Although my sons have left the house, I am far from being an old grumpy, in fact I am just beginning to enjoy the time of life they say comes when you reach your 40s,and who are you to question what other people like or dislike ie,adult only sites,children,etc etc. You go where you like, do what you like that is your right to do so. We used to take our boys to all sorts of sites when they were younger and we all enjoyed ourselves, but times change, people grow-up and move on, and my wife and I are no different. So the next time you want to spout about what others prefer in life, please remember people like us bite back ( middle aged, mother/father, who now have the chance to chill-out when and where we please, when our grandson is not about of course!

Jul 29, 2005
Visit site
s/p,you question my response to comments that you make, then come over all innocent and ask why you deserve them. (1) I am a cc member and I dont apologize for that. (2)Although my sons have left the house, I am far from being an old grumpy, in fact I am just beginning to enjoy the time of life they say comes when you reach your 40s,and who are you to question what other people like or dislike ie,adult only sites,children,etc etc. You go where you like, do what you like that is your right to do so. We used to take our boys to all sorts of sites when they were younger and we all enjoyed ourselves, but times change, people grow-up and move on, and my wife and I are no different. So the next time you want to spout about what others prefer in life, please remember people like us bite back ( middle aged, mother/father, who now have the chance to chill-out when and where we please, when our grandson is not about of course!
I would not use a site now if it was not Adults only,trouble is not with the kids but the parents. Had they any respect for others they would have made sure their children bahaved, now i can enjoy my holidays peacefully and don't need to go knocking on someones van asking if they can keep their children from kicking the ball against my van to be told"their kids playing, thats what kids do" and copping for an earfull.

Nope Adults only for me everytime.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts