Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
My wife and I are considering a holiday in America in a motorhome.

Only having been to Florida we are would like any suggestions of departure point and tours people have done. Also recommended operators and any other stuff that would be useful.

Thank you

Alex

May 25, 2008
Visit site
We have done Boston up to Canada, Lake Placid and back via New York to Boston 2000 miles you wouldn't regret it. We did stay in Hotels/Motels but it was before I knew much about Motorhomes.

The US is so easy to drive, the locals down in Florida don't like the Silver Surfers much. They reckon they cause jams on the freeway.

A lot of people from the North sell up and buy winnbaigoes !! bigger than a double decker bus, hence the slight animosity towards them

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
We did the West from Vancouver, Canada, along the Rockies from Banff/Jasper National Parks down to the Grand Canyon, then across to the coast to LA and back to Vancouver via San Francisco by motor home, and the East Coast up to Newfoundland and down to Florida by car and hotelling. I'd choose either the east or west and give the middle a miss. It really doesn't matter where you start as you're going to return there anyway.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
The western circuit was 11000km (Canadian motor home with km speedo). The trips up to Newfoundland and Florida started from Delaware (between Washington and New York) and took 2 weeks each.

TRENDING THREADS