An oldie still holding.

Sep 21, 2023
Visit site
My wife and I are nonagenarians on our seventh caravan, our last throw of the dice. We will be due for gophers after this one. We had a break for several years but got taken with the bug ,but, will only travel for short trips. Our past has been with machinery, bulldozers , tractors and trucks with some building homes. Our hobbies have caravans, sailing and I gave up 'long rides on motor bikes several years ago.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Domax and wife. You put me to shame having to give up due to ill health. I recently had an operation and feel now that I could cope. But the car and van are gone now. We miss the freedom every day.

So good luck to you. Keep going.

John

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
All the best and well done for keeping going. We were on a site recently and congratulated ourselves at how quickly we had put the awning up, only to notice the likely octogenarian on the next pitch had started after us on his very similar awning, and finished before us and he was doing it single handed! Age is just a number.
Mel

Jun 30, 2022
Visit site
Living your best life, good for you!
Your history is not that dissimilar to mine, albeit it quite a bit longer. Packed the motorbikes in as I suffered "repetitive broken legs syndrome".

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum Domax. caravanning is in the blood. Well done for being so committed to a wonderful pastime. The comfort of your own caravan takes some beating.👍👍

May 25, 2023
Visit site
Dear Domax and other half - you are inspirational. thank you for your positive intro. I even find the thought of putting the awning up daunting.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Domax Welcome to the forum hope you enjoy caravaranning as long as you can any questions you will get a answer they are a great bunch on here

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
Welcome to the forum Domax. I also am into my nineties, although in 60 years of caravanning, am only on my 5th caravan. Since 2011, I've been running solo but like you, I limit myself to shorter runs these days, although I did Surrey to Cornwall last summer. Also, I was well enough to celebrate my 90th birthday in my awning on a January day in Southern Spain, but then Covid called a halt to any further trips. By the time travel was restored, it was too far to do solo.

Here's to a happy future for all of us oldies.🍷

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. Not quite reached your age but heading towards eighty. Not sure how long we can keep going, but no problems yet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts