Anglesey sites

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a cl/cs on Anglesey, must be dog friendly. Ideally near Rhosneigor, not bothered about loo or showers just hookup.

Aug 11, 2018
Visit site
I took our caravan for daughter to Caravan and camping club approved site last junction off A55 before Holyhead, then right off the A5 through a lovely little village and it was on right hand side, hard standings near the house, but daughter wanted no children site so we used the field, it was a bit spongy but no problem with the Kia Sorento had to put one wheel on bit of paving to level but site it seems was good, daughters only complaint was bird song woke her up.

I missed the site completely at first, wife's sat nav took me around Holyhead, Then the sign was slightly over grown so missed stopping in time and had to reverse into a drive and turn around, Also on leaving found it tight on gate way, kicked wife out to check OK, but it was, no need to reverse and try again, think my caravan around 16 foot would not want to take a 20 foot van on the site.

Sorry don't have address off hand, very peaceful, except for birds. and good views out of the window, depends what you want of course, clearly if you have children it's a non starter.

When we went wrong and were on Holyhead I said to wife with these narrow roads there will not be any caravan sites up here, you must have made a mistake, wrong around next corner there was a caravan site, towing with Sorento being high up not really a problem, but would not have liked that road if towing with Jag XE so it seems much depends on what you are towing and what you are towing with, I think some thing like 85 sites on Anglesey one we used just 4 hard standings about 10 spaces in all. There was electric hook up, about first time used whole 25 meters to reach the socket keeping out of way of cars.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Think this might be what eric described = https://penyllyn.co.uk/.
If you search 'Caravan Sites on Anglesey' on Google Maps you then get 'flags' on the map and web-links to the sites if available, including this one. Can't recommend specific sites as I have visited the isle but not caravanned there.
Hope you enjoy!

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
For Rhosneigr, I can thoroughly recommend Bodfan Farm.

Not a CL or CS, but family run old school camping and touring site with very basic facilities in terms of shower/washrooms. No shop, club house or anything of the sort, but just a 5 minute stroll into the centre of Rhosneigr, or a nice countryside walk past lake Maelog to the Oyster Catcher and the Sand dunes, We’ve stayed here for the last few August bank holiday weekends. I don’t generally use the facilities there as I prefer the ones in the van, but although they are basic, they are adequate.

Dogs very welcome and no up-front booking fees, but the owner, Alwyn, drives around in his pickup every morning to collect your pennies !

As the crow flies, right next to the RAF base where fighter jets are taking off and landing weekdays from 8AM until 6PM if memory serves me well. Doesn’t bother us at all, but it could some,

Let us know how you get on !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts