Annoying ads

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Which ads really get up your nose?

I`ve got to go with the `most important album you`ll buy this year`, `the fantastic new album from...`etc,etc, for some obscure and talentless outfit desperate for sales as they`ll never get a deal to produce such dross again.

Well, it makes a change from complaining about DFS!

Jul 16, 2006
Visit site
My vote would be for those damn chewing gum adverts where he goes through the street shouting "mastication for the nation". Thank god sky put a mute button on the handset.

Don

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Two from me,

The guy on the Cillit Bang ad who talks (shouts ) like he's got a rocket stuck up his ar$e.

And the Vauxhall Meriva/Zafira kids... so many good car ads out there , this isn't one of them.

Apr 26, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone one else noticed that the volume goes up during the ads? This really gets up my nose - i consider it an infringement and outside control over "my space".

The program is whisper quiet so you have to rack up the volume, then on come the adverts and you wake the neigbours!! (bit of an exaggeration, but you get my point)

By the way - any of the free lawyers ads because you know any insurance you have to take out ultimately pays for them.

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
Benny is on the right lines - cetainly by the second time you see them, at the latest.

Fortunately I am bothered very little - not having a telly and living at the end of the world where we hardly get any hoardings, I only see them when on holiday in rented accomodation.

That said, we were in a static last week, with a telly (stopped watching after about 4 days) and there was a very annoying one for a utlitly switching website with people in blue singing gospel style or something.

Don't worry about Sheila's wheels Steve - it's a bit of a con, as their rates can easily be beaten by "conventional" companies.

Aug 9, 2005
Visit site
I agree with Sparkes, it drives me mad, and puts me on edge, a really horrible advert, but that's the way they want it, at least we remmember it, and thats what they want.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
..... and do you know, those people from Picture are really easy to talk to ....... Joshh, Dad's found ya scoo'er.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

AND

...he was reversing out of his drive and he couldn't see me for children at the bus stop, he reversed into me and I had to stay in hospital, I needed compensation ... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AND

we fight hard and we fight long ... InjuryLawyers4U

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

AND

Well Phil, they were struggling to pay off their debts BLAH BLAH YAKKITY BLOODY BLAH!.

And could you help them?

Yes we could, we blah, blah, yakkity blah, drone, bored, more lies.

Oh good, happy days :O) ⇦ big false smiley thingy off Phil.

HOLY DOGDUMPS.... everytime I see it I want to smack Phil around his smug smirky chops.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Two from me,

The guy on the Cillit Bang ad who talks (shouts ) like he's got a rocket stuck up his ar$e.

And the Vauxhall Meriva/Zafira kids... so many good car ads out there , this isn't one of them.
Sorry Brian but the C/Bang has to be on my fav.list it does work as well. Liz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Benny is on the right lines - cetainly by the second time you see them, at the latest.

Fortunately I am bothered very little - not having a telly and living at the end of the world where we hardly get any hoardings, I only see them when on holiday in rented accomodation.

That said, we were in a static last week, with a telly (stopped watching after about 4 days) and there was a very annoying one for a utlitly switching website with people in blue singing gospel style or something.

Don't worry about Sheila's wheels Steve - it's a bit of a con, as their rates can easily be beaten by "conventional" companies.
Hey oldfogey, it's good to know I'm not the only one to opt out of the mind-numbing,time-wasting world of TELEVSION! We got rid about 12 years ago. One of the best things we ever did.

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
For me it is ads for debt consolidation loans/companies

You know they are going to rip off someone who really can not afford it.

For anyone in bad debt out there go and see Citizens advice and they will help you to sort it out for yourself - free.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Now I know that this will not go down well with some of you BUT

The visit Wales ad seems a bit OTT because most of Wales seems to be shut if you get bored with grass.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Big Al - may a thousand curses strike you rooted to the spot. The reason we the tourist areas shut is a ploy to keep you English peasants out of our fair country. We then keep the attractions to our selves. Who on earth wants a load of "foreign" tourists messing our fair land.

For your information Sir take a look at "Caravan" magazine this month, (this will now be removed as I have mentioned an alternative magazine to PC), they have an article about the wonders of visiting south west Wales.

Sir may you go and wash your keyboard with disenfectant and never enter such foul postings ever again on this or any other fiorum.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Big Al - may a thousand curses strike you rooted to the spot. The reason we the tourist areas shut is a ploy to keep you English peasants out of our fair country. We then keep the attractions to our selves. Who on earth wants a load of "foreign" tourists messing our fair land.

For your information Sir take a look at "Caravan" magazine this month, (this will now be removed as I have mentioned an alternative magazine to PC), they have an article about the wonders of visiting south west Wales.

Sir may you go and wash your keyboard with disenfectant and never enter such foul postings ever again on this or any other fiorum.
I knew that comment would not go down well

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Big Al beware of the Dragon as you come over the Severn Bridge. Have you ever thought why we charge to come into Wales but you can go back for free - the reason being is that we are particular who visit us but if you do turn out to be an undesirable we send you packing.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Big Al beware of the Dragon as you come over the Severn Bridge. Have you ever thought why we charge to come into Wales but you can go back for free - the reason being is that we are particular who visit us but if you do turn out to be an undesirable we send you packing.
Big Al - are you in any way connected with that well known anti Welsh Lord from over Offa's ****?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Forgot to menstion - see most memorable TV ads.

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
Definitely the Halifax adverts.

The one at the moment with the woman singing "you better think....blah blah blah"...her voice is sooooo annoying and so is the dancing.

Halifax are obviously making too much profit from us customers to make these stupid OTT adverts !!

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
..... and do you know, those people from Picture are really easy to talk to ....... Joshh, Dad's found ya scoo'er.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

AND

...he was reversing out of his drive and he couldn't see me for children at the bus stop, he reversed into me and I had to stay in hospital, I needed compensation ... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AND

we fight hard and we fight long ... InjuryLawyers4U

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

AND

Well Phil, they were struggling to pay off their debts BLAH BLAH YAKKITY BLOODY BLAH!.

And could you help them?

Yes we could, we blah, blah, yakkity blah, drone, bored, more lies.

Oh good, happy days :O) ⇦ big false smiley thingy off Phil.

HOLY DOGDUMPS.... everytime I see it I want to smack Phil around his smug smirky chops.
LOL ! the Josh found yer sc'ooter gets right up my nose too!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Colin. What is the Severn Bridge. If I were to enter your homeland it would be via the M5/50 or M54 or A55 From the Midlands (of England)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts