Another Creaking Stabiliser ! This time an Alko 3004

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My alko 3004 stabiliser has become quite noisey at low speeds.

It's sort of a creak / rattle. I have polished my tow ball with wire wool and then meths.I've also dipped a clean cloth into the meths and tried to clean the pads inside the stabiliser with it. As the stabiliser ( and van ) is only 18 months old and been on approximately 10 outings, is it likely that the pads will need replacing already ? ( Van was serviced in Jan 2006 )

Any advice much appreciated.

Mike.

May 18, 2006
Visit site
You could try giving the friction pads a light rub with fine emery paper to remove any glaze on them. Sounds like you have done all the cleaning required. Don't think the pads should need replacing so soon.

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
try cleaning the underside of the indicator button (the one that pops up to let you know that the 'van is hitched to the tow ball properly) sorry dont know the technical name for it,

I cleaned mine with a bie of fine emery cloth then cleaned it with some lighter fluid worked wonders

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
OK, someone will tell you this is no good but

Chuck a bucket of clean water over it before you leave next time. Hitch up, soak it and go

Let us know how it goes

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I sent one set of pads back to Alko as they were making a terrible noise and seemed to be flaking.

They were returned cleaned up with the instruction to clean them with emery when needed

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts