Another Event in a Long List

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Yesterday I collected the van from the storage compound,and as I set off I could hear this banging sound coming from the van.I was so concerned that I stopped 100yds down the road to have a look,but couldn't see anything untoward.When I got home,I realised that I'd towed the van all the way home (about 6 miles)with the jockey wheel down.There wasn't much left of it,so I had to buy another one there and then.
This is another event in a long list of daft things which I've done in the last 18 months
Eg Setting off with the van handbrake on,setting off with the motor mover engaged,unhitching the van but leaving the breakaway cable attached,leaving the handbrake off on the pitch( the van started rolling),forgot to tie adapter cable up and it dragged on road for 60 miles(there wasn't much left of that either),forget to put towing mirrors on car several times.
It just goes on and on and on and on........
I used to have a super duper checklist,but I went and lost that as well.
Have I got dementia setting in,or is this par for the course?
Cheers Richard

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Blimey, can you let us know next time you're going away/coming home, so we can give you a wide berth?
smiley-laughing.gif

Don't worry, we've had our current van for three years now and we've really been using it over past year. Infact, we're on our way home in about half an hour.

Last weekend, Phil said, 'look at this, there's a little drawer here, under the sink'. I said 'no there's not', he said, 'yes there is, look'.

And he opened it, it was full of brand new cutlery, still in the wrappers, I never noticed the drawer at all.
smiley-cool.gif
After three years, I've finally figured out how the awning light works........
smiley-sealed.gif

Lisa

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Richard
We've all thrown away the spud peeler with the peelings!
As for hitching up write out another check list. Whilst there is a funny side ,
smiley-laughing.gif
it will not be so funny
smiley-cry.gif
when you get overtaken by your own rig.
I'm afraid memory seems to slip with age. Just take your time and don't worry . If you can't remember to undo your fly before a pee then I think you have a problem.
smiley-wink.gif

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Dont worry guys and gals,if you see a van making its own way down the middle lane you'll know where it's come from. Noseweight could be an issue !!!!!
smiley-surprised.gif

Seriouly though,it's really frustrating,it's always been like this,not an age thing at all.Sugar goes in the coffee,coffee in the sugar,forget to switch kettle etc
smiley-undecided.gif

I've made yet another checklist,and I'll see how things go
smiley-laughing.gif

Cheers Richard

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Richard,

I'm sorry to read of your misfortunes. Whilst this won't help you but you might like to listen to a Jake Thackray song called "Leopold Alcocks" (its available on Spotify) I suggest you listen to the live version.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts