Another hi from the Swe forum (www.husvagnsforum.com)

Oct 27, 2007
Visit site
Hi everybody,

Ulf is my name, age 42 and living in Sweden together with partner and 2 kids (boys 5 & 8).

We have been caravaning for the past 3 years, the first year did we rent a caravan. The 2nd year did we buy a used Home-car, whch this year was traded against a new Adria 563UK. Being swedish do we of cours tow the caravan with a Volvo (S60 D5).

We mainley camp in Sweden but this year did we go for a week in Denmark & Germany. As I'm travelling to UK & Ireland every 2nd/3rd month have I of course looked in to the camping facilities, and a dream would be to come over for a couple of weeks. But there is one thing driving on the "wrong" side of the road in a rental, which at lest have the steering wheel on the "wrong" side. But driving on the wrong side with a car which have the steering on the right side is something I would like to spare you.

This year will we for the first time go winter camping, we have been advised by so many friends that it's a special feeling waking up with -10 degrees outside and having the ski slopes just outside.

Take care.

Uffe

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Welcome from one of the 'regulars' in this forum. I live in Germany (although I'm on a business assignment in China at the moment) and I have been over to the UK many times with my caravan, just as many of the others here have travelled from the UK to France, etc. with their caravans. Let us put your mind at ease about driving 'on the wrong side', whichever way. With a good set of outside mirrors to help see behind you before overtaking on motorways and one is less likely to overtake on 2 lane roads when towing a caravan anyway, it really isn't that big a problem. The only frightening moments we have had were in Ireland where roads are generally narrower and big oncoming busses or lorries sent cramps through my wife's stomach as they approached. She felt so powerless sitting out there in the middle of the road without control of the steering wheel, but nothing ever happened.

ps: I remember my first holiday abroad, touring Sweden when you drove on the left but the cars were left hand drive, too. Now that gives my age away a bit.

Oct 27, 2007
Visit site
Hi Lutz,

No I don't think the driving should be that much of a problem, the main problem is to get to the island.

However next year will most likely be spent in mid Sweden, there is so much to see and the further up you come the longer is the daylight. I'm embarresd to say, but I have never experinced the midnight sun. So this might be our goal for next year holiday.

BTW how is the camping in China? And I won't tell anybody about your age, but are you that old? :)

//Uffe

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts