Another Newbie Saying Hi !

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Hello all ! We've just bought our first ever caravan an Abbey Expression 550 (basically a special edition Vogue 540 with some different stickers on it!). It's fantastic and we went away in it for the first time last weekend. We are a family of 5 so the 'van is ideal for us being a 6 berth - we're towing with a C4 Grand Picasso. Its the first time I've towed so cant compare to anything but it towed fine - was doing about low 30's mpg on the motorway (is that good? I thought so). Would love to hear from anyone with any advice on good campsites in South West France, Aquitaine. Hoping to do 3 weeks next summer there. Great website this, loads of top tips to help us through the rookie stages :) Bye for now

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Brian. Welcome to the forum. We need new mebers as there seems to have been an exodus! Happy caravanning

Mel

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Brian,

Welcome to the friendlt nutters forum.Anything you want to know just ask and I'm sure you will get plenty of offers of help.
Thanks for your kind words Mel and Pat. Have to say everyone I have met since camping (now caravanning) are always friendly and helpful.

We're off again for Bonfire night and also at New Year so making the most of the caravan in the colder seasons. Me and my mates also make a point of going to see the World Rally Championship, which this year will involve staying in my mates caravan for 4 nights in deepest Wales rather than B&B's !! now that should be interesting :)

I'm gonna put a post on the other forums soon to find out a bit more about France as we're really keen to travel down there with the 'van. Hopefully we'll get some good feedback on the sites there.

bye for now

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for your kind words Mel and Pat. Have to say everyone I have met since camping (now caravanning) are always friendly and helpful.

We're off again for Bonfire night and also at New Year so making the most of the caravan in the colder seasons. Me and my mates also make a point of going to see the World Rally Championship, which this year will involve staying in my mates caravan for 4 nights in deepest Wales rather than B&B's !! now that should be interesting :)

I'm gonna put a post on the other forums soon to find out a bit more about France as we're really keen to travel down there with the 'van. Hopefully we'll get some good feedback on the sites there.

bye for now

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts