another newbie

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi

Me and the boss are new to caravanning just bought a second hand Abbey 2 berth looking forward to next spring to get out in it

Just wanted to say hi and be patient when i start asking for advice!

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Welcome to you both. You've certainly come to the best caravan forum there is, with lots of helpful and friendly folk to answer any questions you may have.
Dougie is right, get out there with it - there are still some nice autumnal days to come.
Happy & safe caravanning.
smiley-smile.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi A V, welcome to the Practical Caravan forum and congratulations on buying your first caravan.
smiley-laughing.gif

Members of this forum are always more than happy to offer tips and advice to those who are just setting out on their caravanning adventures, so enjoy using the forum and you can remind the old stagers what it's like to be new and enjoying the caravan for the first time.
My own top tip for now would be for you not to wait until the spring before using your tourer. Autumn with it's lovely colours is a great time to explore the countryside and there are many venues open and events taking place all year round.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the forum AV (+ Partner), how can you wait until the spring? I would be too excited and just could'nt wait.
Can you even do a weekend close to home (I did, 3miles up the road!) that would then enable you to get used to the van and sort any teething problems out, thus preparing it ready for the big off in the spring, good luck

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all for the welcome we have found a local(ish) site that we are going to store the van on and they are open until end of November so a weekend away looms
smiley-smile.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Let us know how you get on and if there's anything that you are not sure about no matter how daft it may seem, just ask
smiley-laughing.gif

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi AV This is a belated welcome to the practical caravan forum there are a great bunch on here any questions you will get a answer .

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Welcome AV
keep us updated on your first trip out, think you will enjoy the wonderful world of caravaning, and you'll find a wealth of knowledge on the forum and never be afraid to ask?
Di

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick update we ar having out first wekend away this weekend found a lovely site near Alderholt Hampshire where we are storing the van as no room at home. We are going Saturday night and trying all electrics etc so when we do go away properly for the 1st time we dont look like completed newbies!!! Thanks for all yoour comments I will let you all know how we get on.

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick update we are having out first wekend away this weekend found a lovely site near Alderholt Hampshire where we are storing the van as no room at home. We are going Saturday night and trying all electrics etc so when we do go away properly for the 1st time we dont look like complete newbies!!! Thanks for all your comments I will let you all know how we get on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts