another satelitte question

May 19, 2008
Visit site
i have all the bits and after referring to satellite for caravans web pages i got a very good picture. what i now would like to do is to try and use my laptop to view to save taking a tv with us would this work if i got a tv tuner for it ?? has anyone tried this?? if so could you please advice me

thank you

john m

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
AFAIK: I cant see how having a TV tuner for your lap top will help.

None of my computers has a viable input for their use as monitors. [They have secondary outputs but not the needed input.]

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It's no problem, you either need a PCMCIA card such as the Aver Media Hybrid which will receive DVB TV, Analogue (while it lasts and Satellite or a similar USB adaptor from Hauppauge, or aver media. If you google usb tv you'll see many more options from other companies.

Jun 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi John . if your satelitte reciever is a sky digibox it will have an RF output,take a coax cable from this to a usb tuner ,mine is an Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 900, you can then search for available channels and it will pick up the sat signal ,with this you can watch tv while you are surfing the web ,as you can make the tv picture any size you want on your laptop screen ,or have it full screen

I use this system on my laptop at home ,so I can keep an eye on Sky sports in the corner of my screen,while the wife watches her programmes on the other sky box

Baza

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts