ANOTHER stoopid question

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

could I also ask if sites would charge any different if instead of an awning, we set-up a tent next to our caravan?

at the moment we dont have an awning, but a tent we have...

many thanks

BF (",)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This will vary from site to site, some do some don't. Some charge for both in which case we usually put the tent inside the awning. Some, the good sites don't charge any extra for either, mainly club one's though.

Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think it will depend on the size of the tent. If its a pup tent then some charge and some don't.

If its a larger tent then you could have problems, as the site may see it as two units on the same pitch and that may contravene regulations. (there was an item on the forum where a caravan was being towed by a small motor caravan with persons sleeping in both. The site saw this as two units on same pitch and amongst other things fire regulations were quoted for non approval.) I realise that your tent will propably be no larger than an awning, and people can sleep in awnings, but rules is rules.

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
so in that case, if we DID have an awning with someone sleeping in it would they charge us for 2 units??

thanks for the advice, by the way...

BF (",)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No they will not charge you more for persons sleeping in the awning. There may though be additional charges per person, and for the awning.

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
The answer to this will vary with site. One particular site that I went to will not allow tents on the same pitch as the van. I know this because I asked them if I could put a tent where I would normally put the awning (I had a problem with the awning rail which meant I could not use the awning) The excuse was fire regulations will not allow it "yeah right" They were most accomodating however in offering me an additional pitch for the tent at an extra cost of course.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts