Anothere child injured on caravan park.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Child airlifted to hospital

A SIX-year old girl was airlifted to hospital after being injured in a collision with a car in Stourport yesterday. The incident happened at Lickhill Manor Caravan Park, at 11.20am. An ambulance crew from Kidderminster and the County Air Ambulance attended the scene. A spokesman for West Midlands Ambulance Service said: "The child appears to have been injured following a collision with a car on the Lickhill Manor camp site. "An ambulance crew arrived on scene and the air ambulance landed in the camp site area to treat the patient.

"The young female received a fractured leg and a shoulder injury. Paramedics stabilised her condition at the scene, before she was finally airlifted to Birmingham Children's Hospital for further assessment and treatment."

I have further details regarding the accident from friends who were on the site at the time, but prefer to not to elaborate until verified by others. Lets just say at this time it seems there was a lot of carelessness involved and absolutely nothing to do with speed.

Some of you have been on tis site and there is no ways you can speed on this site and if you did the warden would not hesistate in removing you from the site. It is a very nice site where children have an exceptional large play area in addition to a perfectly level rally field which could probably acommodate three football pitches. Children are not allowed to ride bikes around the area unless accompanied by an adult. The site is managed very well.

Aug 21, 2007
Visit site
lets hope the little lass is ok..

Some people drive round sites like its a time trial or brands hatch.. Then again some kids just run wild and the parents cant give two hoots so long as the kids are out of the way (not commenting on this case btw as i dont know the circumstances)

I nearly cleaned a child up on a small CL it was dusk and the kids where out running wild having a good time whilst i was hunting down my parents who happened to be in a side field so i started to turn round (3 point turn style) as there wasnt enough room for a U turn i had my hazards on and amber rear highway warning strobe lamps (due to the amount of kids running about dont like using them on a site as they are so bright) but even with a miniature disco one kid decided they where going to run past the car and round the back end whilst i was reversing. (very slowly on tick over) que banging on the brakes next thing over storms daddy to have a rant how i nearly run little Jimmy over... Cant win with some people he was in no mood for an adult discussion due in part to the can of beer in his hand so i left him ranting and drove off with him following me to "our" pitch.. he recoiled when he saw the size of me when i got out of my car ;-/

Nov 9, 2005
Visit site
i dont really know where to stand on this topic i have kids and they have bikes and scooters and yes they arnt always in my sight on site but i think that in this day in age when children arnt safe to play on streets or estates where they live going on holiday is such an important bit of freedom.

my kids know about road safety and strangers but at home they cannot play out much with boy racers rallying around our estate and stuff that when we go on site its enclosed theres rules for speed and its 10 times safer than at home so i suppose everyone relaxses a bit.

but and its a big but

i recently passed my driving test and i now realise how much concentration is needed to drive on the road without kids jumping out never mind on a site where theres hundreds of them

like i said i dont know where to stand its hard on the drivers and its hard on the kids

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The week before the accident in York we were at Blackshaw Moor and it was lovely to hear the laughter of the small children on their bikes as they sped down the hill and and made the right turn past the site office.

It was then that there was a realisation that it wasn't one way and anyone unfortunate enough to be leaving the site from even a stop outside the site office would have been hit side on by the child cyclists.

We immediately said that we hoped that we were never involved in such an accident as it would be a cross to bear for the rest of our lives and a tragedy for the parents but it could so easily happen.

The children went happily on their way for another lap!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts