Anti-Caravan Brigade

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As Easter's early this year - March - many vanners will start the season in earnest, causing the van bashers to recommence their annual moan. So all in the van media here's a challenge, why not get the likes of J Clarkson & others to have a timed "race" between a solo car & an outfit - I'll bet the results will amaze all, as when I'm travelling solo my average speed (adhering to speed limts) is virtually the same as it is towing, & I drive about 50,000 miles a year, mostly motorway work. Due to the enormous congestion in this country, it's almost impossible to get the average speed above 45-50mph. This would finally kill off the long held misconception that caravans slow everbody down. what do you all think?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would take it that you are not a caravaner, as with this type of attitude we can do without there are plenty of racers allready, may I point out that Caravan accidents are rare, let me know when and where this race will be so that I can be as far away as possible.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I understand what you mean (as I'm sure Jim does). Good idea but you'll never convince solo drivers that 'vans arnt slow. What really pigs them off is the "Jim" type who trickle along below the speed limit saying things like "you wont get there any faster" in a nasal manner.

In short, it's never been the units that are slow, it the shoulder chip that many wear when hitched up.

Pete

TRENDING THREADS