Any Cyclists Out There!

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Was personally amazed to see "Bike Shops" listed as those businesses allowed to remain open last night.

In my view this trivialises the advice we are all meant to follow.

It's hard to accept that a shop selling cycles is able to stay open whilst 99% of other shops are closed.

Someone please tell me this was an error on the part of the "News". To be sure it was announced - my wife and I commented at the time.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
If you go to places like London, Canterbury, Cambridge, Oxford, York and any university town or city they arefull of bikes myself I'm a cyclists anddo my own repairs,

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Many people use cycles for commuting and excercise and I see nothing wrong with cycle shops being available to provide spares, repairs etc. Haven’t seen any one complaining about garages being able to open.

Reactions: camel
Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Many people use cycles for commuting and excercise and I see nothing wrong with cycle shops being available to provide spares, repairs etc. Haven’t seen any one complaining about garages being able to open.
In Leicester + Thurmaston alone I know of four cycle shops

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site

Despite the suggestion they are being allowed to stay open, I have my supplying dealer going into "lockdown" so my pending car's MOT and annual service is not going to be happening there.
Hopefully, some MOT station will give me a slot, and probably an independent will do a service, but that will screw up the dealer's service continuity records with that's ramifications.

However, all small beer relative to surviving this, even if using the car for essential food and medicine shopping is illegal.
Bike looks likely to be doing a lot more miles.

Edit: read that car MOTs are to be extended to 18 months as from 30th March. Thus giving time for legal changes they say, so insurance is not compromised.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Fully accept that some people use bikes to transport them to work and back and that justifies the exemption of course.
I suppose what I was trying to say - badly put - was that in the scheme of things a "bike shop" does sound out of place when lumped with Supermarkets, chemists and the like.
A touch of bathos to my mind!

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Going out again on one of my bikes tomorrow over the fields on a.
gated road, it's done me a favour the British Legion. Being shut,

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My 26 year old grandson has just returned home to live with his mum and sister, and both grandkids are buying bikes. He's not long sold a super road bike for £600 when he moved into an apartment in Cheltenham. The Halfords Click and Collect bikes are on order and guess who has been asked to build them up? Ive also been invited to join them but I would need new tyres as my bike hasn't been used since we moved home a year ago., and they were shot then. As we only live about 400m from the Wiltshire Cycleway I may accept their offer.

PS Wow Just looked on Evans for tyres and first up are Continental Gatorskin reduced to £49.99 each for 700x25s. Think I may just add some Slime to my 13 year old Kendo's and accept that the cracks may aid traction.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
You won't regret it OC my gym days of training are well over and cycling is a really good way of keeping the heart and lungs pumping I must say that I do avoid the A606 and A607 during week days to many heavies knocking about, get out there and d it and don't. forget the. helmet,

Reactions: otherclive
Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
You won't regret it OC my gym days of training are well over and cycling is a really good way of keeping the heart and lungs pumping I must say that I do avoid the A606 and A607 during week days to many heavies knocking about, get out there and d it and don't. forget the. helmet,
I wish that Wiltshire cycle was was on my door step,

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts