Any Dog Owners Experience Prejudice From Caravan Sites When B...

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 21, 2008
Visit site
We have had as many as 4 dogs in our family at one time.

Three labradors and a labrador/terrier cross.

We trained our dogs to be obedient and trust worthy. Havent managed to train them to bag and bin their dumps, as the bags won't stay on their tails.

Thats my job. As a responssible owner I pick up all of my dogs deposits and bin them accordingly. I have quite often on inspecting where my dogs have been wondering, found a deposit and mistaken it for one of my dogs. I have picked them up and found out by temperature, that they were not recent. ( He say's without trying to put you off your tea).

I'm the grumpy old fart who will chastise any dog walker who thinks they can dodge the doggy code of bag it and bin it. Trust me size doesn't matter, cos the bigger they are etc, you know the ryme.

Where we used to live there was a nice lad who is blind. Whats this got to do with dogs I here you ask. Everything!! Because an irrespossible dog owner caused his blindness by not clearing up. You see dog poo can cause a desease which culminates in blindness if a child catches it.

Enough of the graphic lectures.

Now the point about charges. I'm not against charges solong as they reflect a service supplied and are not levied as a peunative charge.

I always phone or E-mail the site and explain exactly what breed and how many dogs I have and ask acceptance prior to me booking.

It's love me love my dog then we will talk on wether we pitch on your grass.

Right now we are down to one very intelegent 40Kg chocolate labrador who loves to be with people. Our current site changed managers in the summer and it took 8 weeks before they cottoned on to the fact we had a dog. That is how well behaved he is and how we go out of our way to ensure he is not a pest to others.

Steve L.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Lisa's comment about breed specific is the only prejudice I've experienced. Makes me sick. We have two Springers and two of our friends have Staffies. All the dogs are soft as brushes but because of ignorance they appear not welcome everywhere.

The Springers have never caused us a problem except when they were pups and ran off. A nasty old hag in a motorhome gave the maimsahib a real gob full and then blow me, she left the site anyway! Nasty old hag!!

On the whole CLs welcome dogs without question.

Maybe Northern Ireland is just not that dog friendly??

Cheers

Dustydog

Aug 12, 2008
Visit site
I don't own a dog, but I don't mind A dog, but 4 dogs per caravan!

If I turned up on a small CL and found the other 4 caravans had 16 dogs between them!

Well! what would you feel.
I'd hope I would have the manners to see how the dogs and owners behaved before passing a 'holier than thou' judgement on them. Dog owners have just as much right to caravan holidays as non dog owners who have kids.

I know which I'd rather be pitched next to ..

Mar 7, 2009
Visit site
hi

we have 3 golden retrievers which i must admit we have had trouble getting admitted to a site in and around york.We are currently on a season pitch which i think we are allowed on cos we already had 2 dogs when we first went on and then we got a puppy and they allowed us to stay with 3 dogs.I agree that sites should specify how many dogs they accept. We are owners who pick up our dog pooh, walk our dogs regulary and under no circumstances allow our dogs to annoy our neighbours.Our dogs are never allowed to be off lead on site.Which can be more than said for some of the owners with 1 or 2 dogs!!! ie weekenders whom seem to think that as they only come whenever they dogs can SH-- anywhere

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
oh dear, richard you are showing yerself to be somethin special.

why criticise the "weekenders", some folks have still to go through the motions of the 9 to 5 work routine, the same ones who keep the country with their contributions. so, you are saying that joe bloggs who can only manage weekends is an irresposible dog owner ?, that is some presumption.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts