ANY GOOD SITES IN NORTHUMBERLAND ?

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
I am looking to book a site for a week in October. Would like to stay in the Bamburgh/Seahouses area. Need to take the dog too.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards, Mike

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Take a look at South Meadows Caravan & Camping Park which is open, I believe, all year round. Although a private site it is very well run by the owners.

South Meadows is 15 miles north of Alnwick and 15 miles south of Berwick (where there is a large supermarket just off the A1 --- Safeways rings a bell but it was taken over by Morrisons so might have changed names). It is about 6 miles inland from Bambrough. Although the A1 is about a mile away it was never a bother.

Dogs are welcome and there are walks from the site. The village of Belford is within walking distance and there is a golf club between the site and Belford!

Lots to see around there and the roads are quiet, which is another bonus.

I will add the website in a moment --- just going to check I have the correct one.

Ann

May 25, 2005
Visit site
I couldnt get through directly to a website. However, if your type into GOOGLE:

South Meadows Caravan Park

It might give you some idea of the site.

Ann

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
I couldnt get through directly to a website. However, if your type into GOOGLE:

South Meadows Caravan Park

It might give you some idea of the site.

Ann
Hi Ann,

Thanks for the recommendation, will have a look at the website.

Regards, Mike

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
River Breamish C.C. Site, Powburn, about ten miles north of Alnwick is quiet and peaceful. Going back soon for the third time this year. ( Grandson likes castles ! ) ( A lot )

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi Mike, Try Waren caravan and camping park, its a nice place with statics tents and tourers.

The caravans are well laid out round a central grassy area, it has a nice bar and outdoor pool and only a few miles from Bamburgh ( you can see the castle in all its glory from the dog walking area)

Regards

John

Mar 26, 2006
Visit site
You could try Dunstan Hill C&CC site.We have our annual fix there.Good for dogs. 1.5 miles rthrough woods and fields to a lovely flat sandy beach. Our dog loves it. Easy short drive to Seahouses and Bamburgh.

Michael

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts