Anybody been to Kielder?

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
We've just bought a caravan and are planning our first trip with the kids. We were thinking of going to Kielder in Northumberland and I wondered if anyone had stayed at any of the parks around that area?

Thanks,

Jules

xxx

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
I live in the North East - best hurry if you want to stay at Kielder as the midge season fast approaches - they're terrible beasties. The CC site at Kielder is excellent - right on the lake (reservoir) but a long way from beaches if the children like sand! There's obviously water activities and also good walks and excellent mountain bike trails if you like that kind of thing. If you prefer a more rural site, then the C&CC have a good site at Bellingham which is near enough to Kielder and just on the outskirts of the small town.

John M

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
As John says midges can be a problem at Kielder. Have you looked at River Breamish Caravan Club site? Handy for Alnwick & Bamburgh if castles appeal, Holy Island, beaches etc.

May 18, 2006
Visit site
Julie, we stayed on the site at Kielder last week. The site used to be owned by the Caravan Club but it is now run by Northumbria Water.

It is a lovely site set in the forest, but some pitches have viewes over the water. As you enter the site there is an area to the right which is up among the trees and very quiet, and you can walk straight into the forest.

The plots that overlook the water are more expensive than the woodlang ones. As you drive past the water view plots you pass the one and only toilet block, and past this there are a number of other areas in the forest where you can pitch.

If you walk out of the end of the site you are in Leaplish, which is an area with sa few activities.There is a small swiming pool, crazy glof course, scating ring, shop that sells a few basic things (including beer and wine and newspapers) and a pub that sometimes has entertainment on at night.

There is plenty to do for children and loads of walks from the site. It is also a good place to take bikes as there are lots of cycle routes through the forest.

The tv reception is poor but you can plug into the site bollards and get the signal boosted. I could not get any reception with my digital telly, but I was lucky enough to be on a plot where my satelite could pick up a signal.

We loved the site, and the biting insects were not out when we were there.

Graeme.

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
We liked Bellingham CCC site. We have younger children and I dont like being too near water/sea/lochs but I love a nice drive to it (Kielder 15 miles approx) The site had kids of many age groups playing around in park and with outdoor toys. Showers and loos top,top class. Relaxing area but just a wee village. It depends on your preference of course. Happy holidays

Carolinex

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts