Anybody else without a telly?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
If someone wants to go to a CL and sit quietly outside the van birdwatching, that would be his/her way of relaxing.

If someone wants to sit in their van watching soaps than that would be their way of relaxing.

All fine by me as long as they are happy.

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
It's probably nosey of me, Denise, but I can't help wondering why you bother to have a TV if you really use it so very little.

It sounds as if it must cost quite a lot per hour of use!

What always amuses me is that so many people can't get their heads round the idea of not having TV. At work people would say "Did you see..." and I would point out why not, and a bit later they would do it again; and some people would do it every day!

I love being excentric!
It used to be so that I could record Open University programmes but they have stopped broadcasting them now. It is also handy if my daughters' are home visiting...although we don't watch it very often they and their children have been known to watch something when we are busy doing something else.

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
we wouldnt go away without the telly.

We go away a lot in the Autumn/winter and we have been away in some horrendous weather so it isnt always possible to stay out walking, and in the evenings its nice to sit down in front the tv or sometimes we make up the bed early and lie in that watching :)

I do love board games, we have some in the van along with dominos and playing cards, piles of magazines to plod through during the day. But hubby doesnt oblige with Scrabble very often as he always gets beaten ;-)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
If someone wants to go to a CL and sit quietly outside the van birdwatching, that would be his/her way of relaxing.

If someone wants to sit in their van watching soaps than that would be their way of relaxing.

All fine by me as long as they are happy.
Exactly.... as long as they aren't being selfish by bothering others on site by loud music for example.

Jan 4, 2007
Visit site
We take the television away with us, put only set it up if the weather is so rubbish, we do not get out.

However, when we are away when it is dark in the evenings, i.e. over Winter, we do take it and use it.

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
Lol,

The beauty of reading is that you don't have to do it hunched up over a book all the time. You can lie down, stand up, walk about and so on. You can even take it into the loo or onto the beach. My husband would tell you that I can never be bored when reading a book. (Whether I can hear anything he says to me - well, that's another matter!)

Jo

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
Jo

"Whether I can hear anything he says to me - well, that's another matter!"

That is nothing to do with reading, when the ring goes on the finger it seems to affect the sense of hearing which becomes very selective - sometimes my wife seems to hear everything except me!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lol,

The beauty of reading is that you don't have to do it hunched up over a book all the time. You can lie down, stand up, walk about and so on. You can even take it into the loo or onto the beach. My husband would tell you that I can never be bored when reading a book. (Whether I can hear anything he says to me - well, that's another matter!)

Jo
Sorry Jo, I can't get comfortable in most of the positions you mentioned, for the duration of reading a book. Something, an arm, leg or hand starts to feel the strain and that's quit time, usually just as something is getting good!

I have at the moment got Jeremy Clarkson sitting on the washroom radiator. He tends to go for short passages (toilet humor?) and so is ideal for that location.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts