Anyone any experience of Devitt for Car Insurance?

Oct 25, 2006
Visit site
My insurance is due for renewal at the end of this month. I drive a 2012 X-Trail. For the priveledge of fully comprehensive my own insurance is wanting some £537 for renewal.
Caravan insurance is with Caravan Club and I thought I would give them a ring in respect of the car. Their quote through Devitt and with Liverpool Victoria is a staggeing £148.37 less at some £389.41.
As far as I can see apart from an incress from £50 excess for the windscreen to £125.00 all else appears to be identical.
Its a lot of money in difference between policies.
Has anyone any experience/dealings with Devitt or Liverpool Victoria on car Insurance?
Many thanks.
Bernard

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Bernard
My car insurance for the last three years has been through the CC Insurance scheme managed by their Broker Devitt's.
Their cover is unambiguous for a tugger so no problems there. They were doing a price match two years ago less 10% I think. They have a panel of ABI & FSA approved motor insurers who do offer a very wide cover with allegedly one of the best claim services available. Currently they have me with Ageas Insurance Limited .
CC live and die by the sword. I've heard no bad reports ; only good.
Your choice mate, but I doubt you will be disappointed.
smiley-kiss.gif

BTW , they were the only intermediary whose panel of Insurers put no restrictions on towing!
Don't believe me??
See some earlier posts about Saga and Aviva. These were latterly resolved but I for one had been told my caravan was not insured for RTA risks whilst being towed by my car!!
OK it was rubbish but it took this Forum and others to get the Insurers concerned to admit their errors publicly.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have two of our vehicles insured with LV, you can contact them direct,whenever I have phoned them you get a human being in this country who is helpful and speaks clearly on the phone.I had to make a claim after leaving the road on a patch of ice,and they were very efficient and helpful,we plan to contact them when other vehicles are due for renewal too.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you or a family member have or have had any jobs in the civil service, post office,etc it may be worth seeing if you can join CSMA and then get their insurance with LV. I've had this for many years and have never been able to beat their price by quite a margin. LV also now run Brittania Rescue which compares very favourably with the big boys.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts