Anyone away for Christmas?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Or the new year?

We will have a New Year jaunt, but as we tend to be fast asleep by midnight ( boring old farts that we are), will just be toasting it in the van. :blush:
Mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Will be taking the “new axle” for a run out and NYE booked for nice pub meal already. Last year wasn’t great as Storm Dylan hit us in Cornwall, we scooted just before Storm Eleanor arrived and the “Plaice to be” was shut for refurbishment. So Cornwall is off of the plot.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Not out Christmas or new year,working and family stuff to do.I did look at a few and most are full/require several days min or extra cost(all understandable due to time of year) so we're going to go away first weekend in January,probably knaresborough camc site,so long as it's not snowing.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Brasso530 said:
Not out Christmas or new year,working and family stuff to do.I did look at a few and most are full/require several days min or extra cost(all understandable due to time of year) so we're going to go away first weekend in January,probably knaresborough camc site,so long as it's not snowing.

Should have been away week after New Year but have had cancelled because of childcare so not away till February now . :(

Brasso... was at Knaresborough in November , lovely site since it's all been refurbished and always busy !
I asked for later afternoon departure and I was refused as all pitches booked out .

Enjoy .

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We are away for Christmas only and plenty of vacancies however the same site is fully booked for New Year. We are using a CC site and the prices are eye watering for this time of the year at £33 a night for the two of us. Next year we will be using a commercial site as they charge £22 a night for the two of us.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Not away for Christmas... the employer has seen to that :dry: but we have booked for January. Tried to get into the new "Love2Stay" site near Shrewsbury (Part of Salop Leisure I believe) but they are closed for a few weeks in Jan for maintenance. So have decided to push the boat out and booked a week at Concierge Camping near Chichester.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
At 93 year old mums north Devon. Christmas Day at the Barnstaple Hotel. Fat Club has gone down the pan this month :cheer: :cheer:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dustydog said:
At 93 year old mums north Devon. Christmas Day at the Barnstaple Hotel. Fat Club has gone down the pan this month :cheer: :cheer:

Never mind Dusty back to it after New Year, New book as well.
Studio-20181218-223119.jpg

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Ha ! Festive treats my a**e ! ;)
Got my last shift on Christmas Eve and that's it , no training cycling or weights for a week and eat what I want and drink when I want and it'll be a lot !!

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
I've got the perfect pre-Christmas body condition, having come down with cellulitis. Haven't eaten much since Friday, and if it goes as it should, the Horse Pills finish on Christmas Eve, by which time I should be a shadow of my former self and ready to eat for England!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Well for the first time since early April 2018 we managed to get out with the caravan (and its new axle). We spent six days over New Year at Bracelands Camping in the Forest site in the Forest of Dean. We have been there before and like it for its no frills approach with splendid views, good night skies and easy access to a wide range of walking and cycling tracks. Unlike last year with Storm Dylan and Eleanor in Cornwall we saw not one drop of the wet stuff. The dogs really relished the long walks and their unrestrained foraging in the woodlands and even our teenage granddaughter enjoyed herself without wifi, or even long periods without 4G. A highlight was New Years eve at the New Inn where the juke box selections were free. I hope that the other revellers enjoyed Status Quo, Abba, Del Shannon and Gene Pitney as much as I did :evil:

No further trips booked unfortunately.
jiu-H10y-SAClavpq-HWR1-QQ-thumb-1a94.jpg

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Gafferbill said:

So much cheaper than a motor mover and no battery problems either. At nearly 12 years old they still come back from an 8 mile walk bounding all over the show. Never having spaniels again :)

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Springers, Clive, Springers. The clue is in the title. :cheer:
Glad you all had a good time. Keeping a teenager happy sans electronic devices deserves a medal.
Mel

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
Not away for Christmas... the employer has seen to that :dry: but we have booked for January. So have decided to push the boat out and booked a week at Concierge Camping near Chichester.

We have stayed there a couple of times over new year and enjoyed it very much. We heard there were plans afoot to extend the site by a few pitches and upgrade the facilities a bit. Have they done it yet?

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Tuningdrew said:
CustardAvenger said:
Not away for Christmas... the employer has seen to that :dry: but we have booked for January. So have decided to push the boat out and booked a week at Concierge Camping near Chichester.

We have stayed there a couple of times over new year and enjoyed it very much. We heard there were plans afoot to extend the site by a few pitches and upgrade the facilities a bit. Have they done it yet?

I think so. The images on their website look like they have extended past the original circle of pitches on Google maps, but their 'Street View' tour still has the original layout. Will report back once I'm there.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
Tuningdrew said:
CustardAvenger said:

I think so. The images on their website look like they have extended past the original circle of pitches on Google maps, but their 'Street View' tour still has the original layout. Will report back once I'm there.

Yep, the site seems to be complete in terms of pitches and safari tents. It seems that they were widening the narrower motorhome pitches whilst we were there. Site was pretty empty only 4 caravans and a motorhome but most of the time only 3 pitches were occupied. Facilities are second to none... the private shower rooms with shampoo/conditioner and hair dryers were great. Free wifi and a fully serviced pitch as standard also brilliant. Only downside was the proximity to the A27...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts