Anyone on their way home from Spain, with two spare seats?

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi, like many other travellers, my son has fallen victim to the flight cancellations. He's in Barcelona at the moment, trying to get to a friend's house near Perpignan and then back home to London from there. At the moment all travel options are difficult - trains are fully booked, as are buses, and apparently if you don't have a pre-booked ferry there is little chance of getting across the channel.

If anyone is coming back that way, with an overnight ferry booked (any port!), and has two spare seats, they'd very much appreciate a lift!!! Tim is a teacher, and very conscientious - so he's trying desperately to get back to school as soon as possible.

I know there are thousands in the same situation - but just thought it might help to post something on here. It certainly gets it off my chest!

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi Denis, thanks for asking.

My son is still in Perpignan, but they have been able to book tickets on Eurostar for tomorrow, so should be in London, where he lives, by tomorrow evening! Hopefully.

Actually, considering the plight of some people they haven't done badly. They were in Cairo on Thursday night when we told them about the cancelled flights to London (they were supposed to leave at 9.30 am - and by Friday at 9.00pm they were in Madrid, then Perpignan by 11.00 on Saturday morning. They have somewhere to stay, fortunately, so actually have just had an extended holiday - in a village with a fantastic wine cave, and a pizza van which visits the village square nightly.

They did have an option of travelling back on Sunday with a local, who has a Fiat 500 - but he'd booked three overnight stops on his way to somewhere near Lille - so they actually would have taken almost as long, and probably not been able to get on a ferry even then.

I did hear about someone visiting Zambia who has been offered the first available flight back - on the 22nd of MAY!!!

TRENDING THREADS