Anyone seen the new swift triple bunk models?

Sep 5, 2006
Visit site
I think this is going to be my next layout. Has anyone compared the new swift against the bailey Pagent Britagne or the Lunar equivelent?

Not seen the lunar in the flesh but I don't like the baileys dark wood & the bathrooms almost to small to be usable. The lunar has shorter front beds according to the brochure.

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
Hi Glenn,

My point being that I would not consider a Swift regardless of how nice it appears compared with the Bailey, or Lunar because it is more likely to be leaky (based on advice I have been given by more than one industry source).

May 18, 2007
Visit site
Coachman have just released a new Amara based on the triple bunk layout where the bottom area is used for storage etc.

Coachmans IMO are much better quality than the 3 brands mentioned.

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
The bathroom on the Swift is a tiny one like the Bailey.

Granted the Lunar has a separate shower in the bathroom, but in my opinion, the front lounge is too small to be a double bed without removing the chest (Lunar even quote the chest removed size in their brochure so they must agree!!!) and the settees are too short to use as singles. The chest is also the TV point so moving it nightly will be a real pain. The Lunar is also 5" narrower than the Pageant and 1" narrower than a Ranger.

If you don't like the dark wood in a Pageant look at a Ranger GT60 or a Senator T/A triple bunk (not sure what your weight limit is).

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
My point being that I would not consider a Swift regardless of how nice it appears compared with the Bailey, or Lunar because it is more likely to be leaky (based on advice I have been given by more than one industry source).

Swifts are no more likely to leak than any other make of caravan - a very sweeping statement IMO!!

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Glenn

We have the Adria Altea triple bunk layout with a seperate end bathroom and we absolutely love it.

Adria's aren't for everyone but we love ours. We have only had it 2 months, with a weeks long trip behind us and with the 3 kids it worked brilliantly.

We looked at the Bailey, but what put me off is the narrowness between the kitchen and the bathroom. I must admit the end bedroom layout is brilliant, but the bunks compared to our Adria were very narrow.

I think it is down to each individuals personal choice and you have to go with what suits you and your family. I have heard people say that they wouldn't touch an Adria, but for us it was first choice. If you get chance have a look at the Adria triple layout you may be pleasantly surprised, plus it has got a brilliant family sized bathroom.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
William every oportunity you get you Swift bash Why???

Have you owned one

Did it leak

Did they deal with it

What industry source did you deam this jem from (proberbly a different manufacture dealer!!)

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Do nt be so sure about Baileys not leaking our brand new 540 ranger has damp spots and black and white furry mould under the full length of the bottom bunk, we only used it for 9 days !!!

It was a manufacturing fault, which can probably happen to any manufacture ,its very disappointing ,but more important is how our dealer and Bailey treat us , ie we have asked for a replacement not repair , i would learn from our experiance and follow our thread to see how we are treated

Sep 5, 2006
Visit site
Ok so i went to see the new swift triple bunk model this morning and I was a little underwhelmed. The dividing door for the back room is a concertina affair, not solid wood. There is no tv shelf in the corner like the bailey (or my old swift) so the tv has to go on the drawers. I hate this as you can no longer use the fold out table because anything on top needs to be removed first. The bathroom is bigger & more usable than the Baileys though but the sink unit looks really cheap & nasty. There were also several build quality issues with the example I viewed :- the concertina door was off its track. The plastic straps on the bathroom storage unit were hanging off (only held with blobs of glue). The seal on the bathroom door was coming off (again only glue holding it). I appreciate that show models get some abuse but this was not good enough. USE SOME PROPER SCREWS - not a hot glue gun to hold together a 14k caravan!! I'm wondering if i'm better keeping my 10year old swift. It seems they made em better back then???

May 1, 2007
Visit site
Ok so i went to see the new swift triple bunk model this morning and I was a little underwhelmed. The dividing door for the back room is a concertina affair, not solid wood. There is no tv shelf in the corner like the bailey (or my old swift) so the tv has to go on the drawers. I hate this as you can no longer use the fold out table because anything on top needs to be removed first. The bathroom is bigger & more usable than the Baileys though but the sink unit looks really cheap & nasty. There were also several build quality issues with the example I viewed :- the concertina door was off its track. The plastic straps on the bathroom storage unit were hanging off (only held with blobs of glue). The seal on the bathroom door was coming off (again only glue holding it). I appreciate that show models get some abuse but this was not good enough. USE SOME PROPER SCREWS - not a hot glue gun to hold together a 14k caravan!! I'm wondering if i'm better keeping my 10year old swift. It seems they made em better back then???
We pick up our Swift Charisma 565 tomorrow!

Can't wait. I hope it doesn't leak!

I am sure that it is like a new car, there will be some teething problems .

The layout is just what we want, it may not suit everyone but you have to do your homework and try them all out!

Good luck

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts