Anyone stayed at " le village parisien" ?

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi, we are taking the kids to disneyland paris in august and have booked an 11 night stay at le village parisien near the theme park.

Has anyone stayed there ? What was it like ?

Is it easy to find ?

how long will it take towing from the eurotunnel ?

How long a drive to disney from site ?

Thanks

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Kevin,is this the site near Meaux that is by a river and canal,if so on www.carryoncamping.co.uk you will see some of my pictures of the site under the heading 'the worst site in France'

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Have just checked and it is the same site that I stayed at,each to their own I guess we went in June and left early.We found it very repressive with very high thick hedges that made the site roads narrow and access to pitches only possible by uncoupling and pushing the van.The pitches in the main are small and the plumbing etc left a lot to be desired.If you have a big van you will almost certainly struggle unless you have a motor mover and even then my van just fitted on the pitch with both the front and back up a hedge and that is an Abbey GTS Vogue 416.

I booked through Select Sites and after I and others complained it was removed,have a look at the pics and see for yourself.I dont think it is all that close to Disney and most recommend Quatre Vent as a good site(not been myself) other question I cannot answer other than La Parisen is tucked away at the back of the village and takes a bit of finding.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Hi Kevin,

We stayed there for a few nights 2 years ago. It's OK for a couple of nights if you are going to spend most of the time away from the campsite. Disneyland is about 25 min drive. We only used it to sleep at night.

I agree with 'The Plotter' that it's very difficult to park. We have a big twin axle and could not get it on the allocated pitch due to the tight roads and high hedges - no turning area. We tried a few others with no success either. Eventually we managed to squeeze it onto one which would not have been my ideal choice.

Most of the site is taken up with permanent holday chalets (huts!!) which are covered with ornaments and flower pots. Looks like an allotment !!!

Toilets and showers were passable but not brilliant. If you have any other choice I would give it a miss.

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
As Plotter has suggested the site Quatre Vents or 4 Vents as in some books appears to be the preferred site. I have not stayed in that area myself but got talking to someone at Ferme des Aulnes this Easter who had just come from that site and could not praise it enough - they go there every year.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts