Anyone tow with Mecedes Coupe (C220 CDI)?

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Clare,

Not quite. We have a C270 CDI saloon that is now 3 years old, and use it to tow an Eriba Trion (MTPLM 1200 kg).

The car is great, strongly recommended. Read the posting further down this section entitled "Mercedes 220CDI"

If you opt for the lowered Sports suspension or the AMG tuning bits, then you can not fit a tow-bar - I'm sure this applied to the coupe, saloon and estate.

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have intil very recently towed with a C220CDiAuto and whilst the car was the best car I have ever owned ( my third Merc.)for comfort and economy and having towed most of 2005 with it I considered it was a poor towcar. first the boot was small and as you know you carry many things when towing. and although the outfit was matched (85%) I suspected that if a snake occurred that the van may toss the van about the road. (tail wagging the dog). I therefore changed to Mercedes ML270CDI Auto to remove that fear I had about the C220.

When I had the tow bar fitted to the C220 a very heavy piece of the rear end was removed so that the witter Tow Bar could be fitted (of equal wt. to the piece removed and I was told that if the towbar was removed the heavy piece would have to be refitted. IMHO grand saloon car, drives like a dream, very economical and low depreciation but IMHO not a good towcar.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have intil very recently towed with a C220CDiAuto and whilst the car was the best car I have ever owned ( my third Merc.)for comfort and economy and having towed most of 2005 with it I considered it was a poor towcar. first the boot was small and as you know you carry many things when towing. and although the outfit was matched (85%) I suspected that if a snake occurred that the van may toss the van about the road. (tail wagging the dog). I therefore changed to Mercedes ML270CDI Auto to remove that fear I had about the C220.

When I had the tow bar fitted to the C220 a very heavy piece of the rear end was removed so that the witter Tow Bar could be fitted (of equal wt. to the piece removed and I was told that if the towbar was removed the heavy piece would have to be refitted. IMHO grand saloon car, drives like a dream, very economical and low depreciation but IMHO not a good towcar.
should read van may toss the car. sorry for the mistake.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts