Appaphobic

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If you mean I personally text instead of speaking to someone, then you are wrong. I have never ever used text and do not intend to do so.
However you still have the app on your phone whether you want it or not. I am not a text person either preferring to actually speak to people rather than text. I will use text if there is no answer. To me texting a person instead of phoning and speaking to them is bad manners!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
On TV there is an ad for a pressure washer and part of the marketing is that it can be controlled with an app? Can someone tell me how an app will help a hand held pressure washer? The mind boggles!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
However you still have the app on your phone whether you want it or not. I am not a text person either preferring to actually speak to people rather than text. I will use text if there is no answer. To me texting a person instead of phoning and speaking to them is bad manners!
Why should a text be bad manners if use appropriately? Manners like language evolve.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Why text if you can talk to the person?
The last thing I would want is someone ringing me at 2123 at night if a quick text can suffice. Going up to my daughters I will often text her so she can unlock the front door when she may be on a work phone call. Numerous reasons why a text can be more appropriate than a phone call, and not bad manners.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The last thing I would want is someone ringing me at 2123 at night if a quick text can suffice. Going up to my daughters I will often text her so she can unlock the front door when she may be on a work phone call. Numerous reasons why a text can be more appropriate than a phone call, and not bad manners.
Our son in law texted us during the night to tell us that the daughter had been admitted to hospital. We don't bother with the phones during the night as they are on charge in the kitchen. He actually sent 3 texts. Eventually he phoned us at 6.30am to tell us she had passed away. We are still wondering why he texted instead of phoning first?
To my way of thinking if you phone some one first and do not get a reply then a text is great, but why have a conversation using text and we have all seen that happening!
To many people it seems that their preferred way of communicating is via text or email. At work people used to email the person sitting opposite them instead of getting up and actually peaking to the person?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Buckman, sorry to here of your loss. I am afraid that texting has become a substitute for a conversation but I have never understood why. If it is urgent I would try the phone first and the text can be useful as a back up if you get no reply.

Totally agree that many apps now coming out on things seem to be more because they can, rather than because they are of any use. Why you need one for a power washer when you have to be holding it to work it is completely beyond me as are those for fridges and the like.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Buckman - so sorry for your loss.

I'm not suggesting this is the case for you but people sometimes find it easier to to text or email when the conversation could be too difficult - either emotionally or contentious.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts