Aquaroll mains adapter question

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
I've just got my Aquaroll Mains Adapter kit and did a test on it this morning to ensure it all worked and ready for the weekend.

While it works as it should the flow rate into the Aquaroll seems to be fairly low, even from my highish pressure mains connection. Is this normal?

I must admit the 'ballcock' thingy looks a little flimsy and lightweight so maybe this is why. Water out of it is in the upwards direction, which I have to assume is correct - Yes?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The flow rate is not huge, but as far as I can remember the water outlet was down. The float will only work one way round, Is it still the open cup style.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
It's still the open cup.

When you screw it fully home in the aquaroll the cup is open end down and the water outlet up.

Just seems a curious setup to me but it works.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just looked at a photo, my adapter is in the caravan, and the outlet looks as though it is facing up. I have problems with mine a lot. Other brands seem to to be ok.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The infill rate on mine is at least half the flow compared to the mains input.I put this down to the smaller diameter of the adaptor mechanism. You will note it is designed to only half fill the Aquaroll. As far as I have experienced the flow rate into the Aquaroll is greater than the outflow to the caravan taps. Even with copious use of Mrs DD in the shower the aquaroll has never emptied whilst connected to the adapter/ mains

Apr 19, 2023
Visit site
Mine is not a cup, if I'm understanding you correctly. Mine is a mini version of what you get in a toilet cistern. The flow in is ok and I have never had a problem when the shower is in use.

Reactions: Dustydog
Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
Ours is the same as Dustydog says. I believe that maybe the flow is throttled down to reduce the shock loading on the valve while still allowing adequate flow.
I also find that ours will only work properly if the valve is spot on vertical and it is not a cup either

Reactions: Beardy and Dustydog
Apr 18, 2024
Visit site
Check the connection to the pipe inlet. When I bought mine the flow trickled in, it was only until I took the connection off and replaced it with another from a hosepipe that the flow picked up. Sometimes the restrictions are too restrictive. I tried swapping both ends but still no joy. So, try another connection onto the float and it should pick up quite alot.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Provided the flow rate is enough in conjunction with the water stored in the local water container to meet your demands for water in the caravan, then is there a problem?

JDP

Nov 2, 2020
Visit site
Might be a silly question but Some hoses that you purchase for a mains inlet system are fitted with non return valve at one end in the hose connector.
Have you got the hose the correct way around as this will restrict flow to the valve

Reactions: Jcloughie
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Might be a silly question but Some hoses that you purchase for a mains inlet system are fitted with non return valve at one end in the hose connector.
Have you got the hose the correct way around as this will restrict flow to the valve
If a hose had a Non Return Valve fitted and it was connected teh wrong way round you would get no flow atall.

JDP

Nov 2, 2020
Visit site
Totally agree with normal NRVs that flow should stop but these plastic valves fitted in hoses as I have found out never seat correctly and always pass water after several uses as they are only an insert. I took mine out

Reactions: Jcloughie
Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
If a hose had a Non Return Valve fitted and it was connected teh wrong way round you would get no flow atall.
I think what is meant is an auto shut off system, so when the "business" end of the hose is removed the water is automatically stopped, rather than gushing out. These items certainly do restrict the flow quite considerably

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts