Aquaroll - pump too big!

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
I have just purchased 2 second hand aquarolls so that I don't have to use the jerry cans type things any more (yipee). Over the Easter holidays we took them out for their maiden voyage with us, but our water pump was about 1mm too big. We have the barrel shape submersible pump, should I:

1) Sell the aquarolls and get 2 of the new water porters (the hole is larger I understand.

2) 'Convert' the aqaurolls. How much is this and where do I get this done?

3) Purchase a new pump. How much would this be? I have a 20 year old caravan so the options I guess would be restricted. There is a cigarette lighter type connection plugged into the back of the caravan to activate the pump.

Thanks.

Sue

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi Susan,

Sometime ago I cut the following information out of a magazine:-

To convert an older style Aquaroll to accept modern larger-diameter pumps,buy from your local DIY store ( such as B&Q ) a Marley Extrusions WAA5 ABS plug and cover,approx

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
It sounds like the AquaRolls you have are 29 litres capacity. For a long time they had a smaller cap than the 40 litre, they now do the 29l with the same size cap as the 40l, so now you buy a what used to be a 40l cap only and it will fit the 29l.

However, since yours seems to be the older model, you cannot get the smaller size now and havent been able to do for some years.

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
hi Susan,

Sometime ago I cut the following information out of a magazine:-

To convert an older style Aquaroll to accept modern larger-diameter pumps,buy from your local DIY store ( such as B&Q ) a Marley Extrusions WAA5 ABS plug and cover,approx

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Susan, I had the same problem. I found out the hard way by giving the pump a push which sent it into the barrel but of course couldn't get it out.The pump was circular but there was a raised bit on one side. I used a file on the inside of the neck at the point that was catching.

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
Susan, I had the same problem. I found out the hard way by giving the pump a push which sent it into the barrel but of course couldn't get it out.The pump was circular but there was a raised bit on one side. I used a file on the inside of the neck at the point that was catching.
Hi Ray.

I have actually found someone selling Aquaroll Conversion Kits on Ebay for

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts