Ardgaten/Arrochar ?????

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
I know the CC site closed, there is a CC&C site there but it is members only. What happened to the Forestry Commission site ? was that sold for development as well ?

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
the forestry commission sites have been taken over by the c&cc in a joint venture called forest holidays. details were given in this months club magazine. it appears that a lot of money is being invested to improve the facilities at these sites, take a look at this website where the details of the ardgarton site is listed. www.forestholidays.co.uk hope this helps

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi Linda, thanks for the reply. However, if you check out the C.C&C. site it sounds like it is still the original site they have always run which was not a particularly well developed site on an uneven field. The CC site was next door, then there was another big site which I think was the FC owned site. If it wasn't I would like details as I wouldn't mind an overnight visit or two.However, I don't want to join the CC & C for the use of their site for just two days( It's members only)

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
I do think they are two separate sites because they have different phone numbers and the c&cc site only has 55 pitches whilst the forest holidays site has 200 pitches. why don't you ring them? the forest holidays number is 01301 702 293/360 they do share the same postcode but this would not be unusual in a rural area.

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
You are a gem Linda !

The F.C. site didn't appear to be on their web site, it only listed 4 in the whole UK.

I rang the number you gave me, they are still open and you don't have to be a member.

We are off for a few weeks touring on Monday and that will fit in nicely !

Many thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts