are camping cheques an advantage?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Going to France for seven nights touring around, during late September. Caravan Club can supply seven cheques for a payment of £70. We know that one site we want to stay at will accept cheques and others in the general areas where we want to stay will also accept them. The question is, is there any advantages in buying them or would I be better off just paying my way at that time of year?

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Tony, camping cheques are excelant for out of season touring, we have used them for the past 3 years.

An example of cost difference. We stayed at chateau du Grandspec near Calais in july. The cost of the 2 nights was over

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
Cannot fault Camping Cheques ( apart from their U.K. forum which is a bit naff. Though the web site does whats on the cover )

Out of season we never book although you can now with their Gold Card. The sites we have used have been Brill. The free book and map is a treasure in Europe. If you were a regular traveller I would look at their Gold Card, although you idealy would then book via Alan Rogers as Caravan Club cannot handle the electronic download. In your position I would look at them or ASCI card which only costs

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We've used Camping Cheques since they started - and now can go twice a year (May/June and August/September). If you want to find out how much you'll save, do this by looking at the prices quoted on the website of the site you fancy, and then comparing that with the cost of the Camping Cheque. Just as a 'for instance' Camping Val de Cantobre at Nant, near Millau, takes CCs (CC cost 14 euros for pitch/two people/car/caravan/tent or motorhome, awning, electricity) - site website quotes 20 euros 50 for the same pitch (that's a nightly saving of 6 euros). Ranc D'Avaine in the Ardeche (again CC cost 14 euros, site website quotes 25 euros 75, saving 11.75 euros per night). There are some sites with even bigger savings! Some sites even offer 7 nights for a payment of 6 cheques, or 14 nights for 11 cheques. There's really no drawback, and any cheques you don't use this year you can carry forward to next year! We also take an ACSI card, and stay at other sites as well - but nearly always make a Camping Cheque site our main base for the biggest part of the holiday.

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
We use both Camping Cheques and the ACSI Card www.eurocampings.co.uk/en/europe/ both of which offer considerable savings off season.

You don't have to purchase in advance from ACSI and the Camping Cheques last two years so you can always mix and match.

Have a great time in France

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

We also use camping cheques.As previously mentioned the map & site directory are great.We have also booked the ferry crossing through them and they have always been cheaper than the other ferries ( Norfolk Line,Dover to Dunkirk ).

Pat

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You may also like to check out Select Sites who over tour as you please vouchers which are similar to Camping Cheques. You will have to book ferries through them but they are very competitive and often cheaper than Caravan Club and Camping Cheques.

We have used both.

Enjoy your holiday

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I'd not heard of these Tour as you Please vouchers - and have just tried the Select Sites website to find out more. However, for a 16 night holiday, ferry details etc exactly as we've booked, at present it's

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts