Asda Add Blu

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just happened to be in Asda Frome yesterday, it was raining and Mrs W has this urge to spend money, wandered around and they were selling a 5litre of Add Blu for £13, which is not too bad a price until I wandered further and found they were selling a 10 litre fo £9.50 with a use by date of November 24, so if you need Add Blu and are near an Asda might be worth checking

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Easier and cheaper, many petrol stations now have AdBlue on pump - Morrisons in particular. It used to be about 57p/L but is now about £1.09/L. You just stick the pipe onto your filler and wait until it cuts off.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
When i bought my Jeep I had no idea that it used Ad blue as thought Ad blue was for petrol cars. Luckily an inquiry on here put me right. On contacting the dealership I was informed that prior to delivery the Ad blue had been topped up along with an oil change being done. The car had a full service done by the previous owner about 3 months prior to use purchasing it from a Jeep dealership.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
My 2009 Peugeot 4009 had a tank with a bladder inside it. I dont think the the additive was called AdBlue though. It lasted 80,000 miles but needed a garage to change it. I anly know because mine burst at 30,000.

For some reason my 2013 Volve needed no aditive.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My 2009 Peugeot 4009 had a tank with a bladder inside it. I dont think the the additive was called AdBlue though. It lasted 80,000 miles but needed a garage to change it. I anly know because mine burst at 30,000.

For some reason my 2013 Volve needed no aditive.

John
Adblue came in with Euro6 diesels so the 4009 pre dated the introduction which was around 2016. I suspect the tank you refer to is for a fluid that aided DPF regeneration.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcloughie
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
When i bought my Jeep I had no idea that it used Ad blue as thought Ad blue was for petrol cars. Luckily an inquiry on here put me right. On contacting the dealership I was informed that prior to delivery the Ad blue had been topped up along with an oil change being done. The car had a full service done by the previous owner about 3 months prior to use purchasing it from a Jeep dealership.
I am really glad that your up to speed with what you are buying, at such an expensive item , have you got tunnel vision for Jeeps. Sorry to be so sharp. But people buy things without investigating what they are buying.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Reactions: Bluetonic
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site

That would be Eolys - works quite differently to Adblue but both are intended to reduce NOx

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I am really glad that your up to speed with what you are buying, at such an expensive item , have you got tunnel vision for Jeeps. Sorry to be so sharp. But people buy things without investigating what they are buying.
My two previous Jeeps never had Adblue which is why I never thought of it as thought Adblue was for petrol vehicles and diesel vehicles had a DPF fitted.

Not sure of you reference to "tunnel vision". Our preference is a Toyota Landcruiser, but they are out of our budget. How many people read the owner's handbook before purchasing anything?

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Euro 6 was ntroduced in 2014.

Check your vehicle here

Actually, it was "introduced" way earlier in 2009 and was progressively adopted by diesel powered vehicle makers until the requirement to meet Euro 6, here September 2015 effectively meant nearly all by then used it.

The Mk 7 Golf GTD purchased back in early 2013 already featured it, being an example one pre Euro 6 mandate adopters.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well lucky the car booked for Wednesday at the dealer they can put some Ad blue in while it there . it saves me the job i know it fairly easy to do .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My two previous Jeeps never had Adblue which is why I never thought of it as thought Adblue was for petrol vehicles and diesel vehicles had a DPF fitted.

Not sure of you reference to "tunnel vision". Our preference is a Toyota Landcruiser, but they are out of our budget. How many people read the owner's handbook before purchasing anything?

At the risk of provoking a intra-home rift I can categorically say that someone in this house has never read a vehicle handbook. Learning is by watching me and on occasions I offer a snippet of verbal advice :ROFLMAO: I tend to find the modern handbook (hard or onlne) are jam packed with dire warnings such that the real information is masked by the plethora of grey text. I prefer the online at least you can search for what you think you are looking for. Yet I still carry a nice leather bound volume in the glove box. I reach my full understanding of a cars capability when it's about to be sold.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
At the risk of provoking a intra-home rift I can categorically say that someone in this house has never read a vehicle handbook. Learning is by watching me and on occasions I offer a snippet of verbal advice :ROFLMAO: I tend to find the modern handbook (hard or onlne) are jam packed with dire warnings such that the real information is masked by the plethora of grey text. I prefer the online at least you can search for what you think you are looking for. Yet I still carry a nice leather bound volume in the glove box. I reach my full understanding of a cars capability when it's about to be sold.
I am still finding out things about sub menus of sub menus. on Saturday I discovered that if you. pressed a certain button on the steering wheel the clock face speedo would disappear to be replaced by a numerical number.

Took me ages to find out how to turn it back to the clock face. I now need to find out how to change the "range" setting to either a compass reading or temperature reading. Neither are mentioned in the handbook. 😂 😂

Reactions: otherclive

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
I am pretty certain I have read or at least absorbed more of the content of a "Users manual" for cars, than the sales staff at dealers ever find time to.

After all, every moment of their day they are hard at shifting the things how could they ever find the time to know about what they are selling!

Now I generally can read these online before even considering a new vehicle acquisition, but for years I used to "borrow" one for 24 hours or so when into the "serious" phase of making a vehicle choice.

Surprisingly I have found these manuals very informative, probably as informative as any source of info other than living with a particular vehicle for a couple of years ;)
You-tube etc comes close.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I find modern car owner manuals very frustrating - apart from the myriad of dire warnings that clutter them, they often contain information about features or equipment not included on UK-spec vehicles, even as extra-cost items.

Reactions: Buckman
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I am pretty certain I have read or at least absorbed more of the content of a "Users manual" for cars, than the sales staff at dealers ever find time to.

After all, every moment of their day they are hard at shifting the things how could they ever find the time to know about what they are selling!

Now I generally can read these online before even considering a new vehicle acquisition, but for years I used to "borrow" one for 24 hours or so when into the "serious" phase of making a vehicle choice.

Surprisingly I have found these manuals very informative, probably as informative as any source of info other than living with a particular vehicle for a couple of years ;)
You-tube etc comes close.

Having just purchaed a new budget car I agree with the lack of knowledge by salesmen. In my case, MG only do a small range so not too difficult. My salesman was friendly, not pushy and accommodating. But insisted the car had leather upholstery. I made him look in his own bumph which clearly say ‘leather like’. And told him I wasn't expecting leather for £22,000. Then I asked what was meant by Bi LED headlights. He said they bend around corners. (somthing I had on my old Volvo). Wrong, it simply means they have a shutter built in to switch between beams. He also could not properly describe the differences between the ZS and HS models. I had no problem getting all the info I needed online.

He was good though, in getting me a £1,000 discount by taking out HP or PCP. Then cancelling after payment number 1. However, he got his timing wrong. The biggest saving is to pay it off within 2 weeks.

Another one here who hates badly written manuals. Our NEFF oven is a prime example. Every other line says somthing like ‘caution, very hot surfaces’.

John

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have bought two "Top of the Range" Vauxhall Vectras, only to find out after reading through the handbook, of all the extras that can be fitted, but not available on UK models. And the same on my Santa Fe. Sorry sir not available in this country.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts